By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Those damn Japanese...

I recently set up a japanese psn account with the help of a video from youtube and found some interesting things on the japanese store. I had heard previous rumors about the Japanese store having more content but I never knew it went this far.

The Japanese store has nearly double the amount os PS1 classics compared to the American one including Einhander, Xenogears, Biohazard 2, and many other titles which are nowhere to be found on the US or EU stores. The Japanese store also boasts exclsive demos such as LAIR and Siren: Blood Curse as well as exclusive PS3 games such as a unique garden simulator that looks rather intriguing. The extra content on the Japanese store shows that Sony really needs to get their act together and stop worrying about Home, which will probably be a flop anyway, and start to increase the amount of content across all PSN stores.

It is truly embarassing when comparing the amount of content found on the US and EU stores compared to those on the Hong Kong and Japanese stores.

/Rant

^What do you guys think? Do you think that Sony should focus on improving the content of the PSstore or focus on extra features such as home?

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893

Around the Network

they should focus more on home

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I didn't know it had a Lair demo. You will get the Siren demo eventually, when the game is closer to release. Playing the Japanese one isn't bad though since most of the dialogue is in English. Don't forget to pick up a weapon though, or else you will just get owned by the monsters!

The PS1 classic stuff is total BS though. SCEA should show more love in that direction.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Those damn Japs! I swear I'll go in into sony headquarters and blindfold them all with a pair of shoelaces. Blindfold one, steal the laces and blindfold the next until I pwn them all.

I swear their fear of shoelaces is why you have to take off your shoes before you enter their house.

Tease.

^well a japanese company will ofcourse release stuff earlier in japan,i bet ninty does the same thing with the VC

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

The reason Japan's PSN gets alot more content is because Sony have come out and said earlier this year that Japan hasn't taken to the PSN as well as Europe and America, so therefore they've tried to make it more appealing. Combined with the fact that developers have found in previous generations alot of success in releasing low budget crazy japanese centric games that never see the light of day in the west (obviously with increase production costs these games arent as possible on the PS3 so PSN games are the way to go), it seems pretty obvious why the Japanese PSN has alot more content.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Squilliam said:
Those damn Japs! I swear I'll go in into sony headquarters and blindfold them all with a pair of shoelaces. Blindfold one, steal the laces and blindfold the next until I pwn them all.

I swear their fear of shoelaces is why you have to take off your shoes before you enter their house.

Racist just a little bit?

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Bladeneo said:
The reason Japan's PSN gets alot more content is because Sony have come out and said earlier this year that Japan hasn't taken to the PSN as well as Europe and America, so therefore they've tried to make it more appealing. Combined with the fact that developers have found in previous generations alot of success in releasing low budget crazy japanese centric games that never see the light of day in the west (obviously with increase production costs these games arent as possible on the PS3 so PSN games are the way to go), it seems pretty obvious why the Japanese PSN has alot more content.

If the Japanese haven't taken to the PSN store then don't you think they would release all the stuff in the US and EU stores and make loads more money?

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893

LOL for some reason your thread title reminds me of this

Squilliam said:

Are you trying to evoke World War 3? Because i don't think the japanese would take that lying down.

It makes no sense as to why they would put that much on the Japanese PSN. There's only around 2 million PS3s sold in japan, and the number of them using PSN would certainly be much lower. Are they trying not to make money by not releasing all that content outside of japan?

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison