By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony announces Aquanaut's Holiday...

It could be a virtual pet simulator, for all I care. I bought Endless Ocean and Seaman, and I thoroughly enjoyed both of them. Just having those games on my TV is strangely relaxing. Diversity is great!

Around the Network

so this game is similar to endless ocean and everblue series? if yes then DO WANT. if it's only some look-at-the-fish game then DO NOT WANT.

waron said:
so this game is similar to endless ocean and everblue series? if yes then DO WANT. if it's only some look-at-the-fish game then DO NOT WANT.

It seems very similar to Endless Ocean.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

wouldn't it be cool now if sony would mix this one with afrika with an adventure/shooter(like uncharted type game or even far cry type game ) and give us a new IP?

it would be a game with insane level of attention to details.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquanaut%27s_Holiday

Wiki has some information on the original:
"Aquanaut's Holiday is an early PlayStation game by Artdink, in which the player assumes the role of an overworked marine explorer who returns to the water for pleasure after having brought harmony to the world's oceans. Gameplay is in the first person and consists primarily of the player exploring vast stretches of ocean, occasionally discovering underwater ruins or treasure, or fish which can be 'spoken' with. By building up a large reef, the player can attract a wide variety of fish. The game is complete when the player's 'fish meter' is full.?"

Around the Network
Gnosis said:

"Aquanaut's Holiday is an early PlayStation game by Artdink, in which the player assumes the role of an overworked marine explorer who returns to the water for pleasure after having brought harmony to the world's oceans. Gameplay is in the first person and consists primarily of the player exploring vast stretches of ocean, occasionally discovering underwater ruins or treasure, or fish which can be 'spoken' with. By building up a large reef, the player can attract a wide variety of fish. The game is complete when the player's 'fish meter' is full.?"

so it's only look-at-the-fish game:/

"wouldn't it be cool now if sony would mix this one with afrika with an adventure/shooter(like uncharted type game or even far cry type game ) and give us a new IP?"

this would be one sad game. if you want such a game buy uncharted or far cry afrika should stay without making it some action-crappy game.

Gnosis said:

That actually sounds really cool. ^^

I now have four games that interest me on the PS3; this, LBP, GT5 and Afrika.

This is so not suited to the PS3 userbase. Looks very pretty though.

BengaBenga said:
This is so not suited to the PS3 userbase. Looks very pretty though.

Of course, Sony shouldn't try to expand that userbase via new and more diverse software, right? >_>