By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Any ideas on a Wii price cut?

So, everybody is talking about how a price cut will help the Xbox360 and PS3. How do you think a price cut might help Wii. Will it help at all? 

I am working on a table to compare price cuts and sold consoles, and will post it pretty soon if I find the time to finish it. I was just wondering what everybody thinks about a Wii price cut.

Around the Network

I am sorry but Nintendo is not going to do price cut on Wii anytime soon. They dont have to do. Wii is selling very good its selling out everywhere. So price cut wont effect it.

Why are you sorry?

maybe next year to, 220 or 200, but they will only do a pricecut when they feel it's needed. A.k.a when it doesn't sell out anymore, eventually.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Obviously now a price cut won't help the Wii since it is already selling at full capacity, I was talking about the future and how (or if) a price cut would help Wii.

Around the Network

ofcourse in the future a pricecut is needed, the true question is just when that will happen

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Neos said:
maybe next year to, 220 or 200, but they will only do a pricecut when they feel it's needed. A.k.a when it doesn't sell out anymore, eventually.

Do you think a price cut of 30 or 50 dollars help increase Wii sell more? I doubt it, since it is seen as the cheap console already. It is not that people are saying I'll wait until the price drops a bit then I'll buy a Wii like they might do with the PS3 and Xbox360

Unless Microsoft actually bring the 360 down to $200 (which I don't think they will), the Wii isn't going to get a price cut anytime soon. The Wii is already the cheapest and it is still selling out in just every shipment so a price cut wouldn't really make it sell any faster.

Wait until Wii isn't completely sold out in two of the three major markets 6 days out of 7, and then maybe we can talk price cut. Until then, Nintendo would just be lowering the percieved value of their console, and creating zero impact on their sales.

My expectation: in Q3 2008, Nintendo will release a new Wii bundle with Mario Galaxy (or possibly some other game) at the $250 price point, but keep the Wii Sports bundle on the shelves at $230. What this does is lower the percieved value of Wii Sports (which by that time will have inherently lowered percieved value due to market-flooding), and keep the percieved value of the Wii console itself at the same level.

Gorgepir: I dont really know why I said sorry :D