By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Any ideas on a Wii price cut?

darendt said:
Its a PS2 that plays mario with basicly a NES remote...only with motion.

And a living woman is like a dead man except with different genitals... and with motion.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

The second that Nintendo gets a whiff that the Wii is no longer selling out the second it hits store shelves, I think it will see a price cut.

Personally, I believe that will be some time in the middle of 2008. Coming from the perspective of someone who works in retail, there is no sign whatsoever that demand is slacking at all. In fact, I get more questions about the Wii now than I did in February/March ("Do you have a Wii? Hey, any chance I can get a Wii? You guys are still sold out of Wiis, aren't you?"). If the Wii was going to slow down this year, it would probably be some time between now and August, and that just simply is not happening.

So March-August 2008 is my guess. Whenever the thing stops instantly selling out.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Well there won't be a Wii pricedrop for a while. YOu have to think why? They are saling amazing at the price they are so if it continues why drop when your saling out anyway and making more money.

I think if sales start to cut back a little then we might see a pricedrop. Otherwise there is no logical reason for them to drop. Thus I wouldn't expect a Wii pricedrop at least til late 2008 early 2009.

They will put Zelda or some other game bundled to the system rather then a drop. Maybe get rid of some unloved copies of Excite Truck.

I am Daemon. I am the Word.

Well I was actually asking the question of would a price drop affect Wii sales or not, not when it might get a price drop.

Around the Network

Oh... No, it wouldn't now. They still sell out. So it would only hurt Nintendo right now.

I am Daemon. I am the Word.

homelesscarl said:
Oh... No, it wouldn't now. They still sell out. So it would only hurt Nintendo right now.

My question was not about now, it was in general. In the future (maybe 2-3 years) would a price drop help the Wii increase sales or not. Personally I don't think it will increase sales that much, because I don't see many people saying I'll buy a Wii when its 150$ - like they say about the PS3 and Xbox360.

There will not be a Wii price cut for a long long time my friend... If they could Nintendo would raise the price on it right now lol

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:
There will not be a Wii price cut for a long long time my friend... If they could Nintendo would raise the price on it right now lol

My question was not will there be a price cut, it was whether a price cut could help the Wii increase sales or not. I don't think so, I was wondering what other people thought about the subject.

They would certainly increase the sales. I think people would go from "should I buy it for 250" to "it is only 179, why not give it a try".

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."