By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why can't I download 2.4 firmware?

I have a brand spanking new MGS4 80 Gig bundle... It was older firmware and wouldn't let me do ANYTHING until I performed a system update.  I ran the update and it updated to 2.36...  In system info, that's exactly what it says... 2.36.  If I go to system update on the XMB, it says I have the most recent firmware.  I know they pulled it, but didn't they put it back up?

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network

They pulled it off since it was stuffing up so many ps3s/

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison

I thought they did. Search the forums, there was a direct file download for it.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Yeah, they pulled it because it was bricking peoples PS3's (more specifically it was f-ing up their hard drives, the more accepted idea is that some game and the Firmware dont mesh right and it hangs the HDD)

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

Yeah, I downloaded it originally and my PS3 is running it just fine, so it must have to do with certain game data...

My End of 2008 Hardware Predictions (console only):

Wii : 50 million

360: 28 million

PS3: 24 million

These predictions were made on January 3rd and won't be revised

LINK

Around the Network

They pulled the firmware and is hasn't been put back up so that's why you can't download it. If you really want it that badly you can probably find it for download somewhere and install it via USB stick. Keep in mind though, whilst the people who had problems were very few, you still run the risk of it happening to you.

I have heard that they'll put it back out on Monday, but im not sure. If you don't have alot of friends and don't game online, your not missing out much. It'll be back up

Thanks.... I thought I read it had been put back up. I'll just stand by. Yeah, I don't game online much but wanted to have the latest firmware. I've only had my PS3 for a couple of days, but at this point I believe I have enough information for a fairly high-level review and comparison with my 360 and Wii. Not that anyone cares, actually, but I'll post up in a couple more days. It has been an interesting purchase.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

If you want it bad you can Download it here:

http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=458875

Its the official 2.40 firmware, which was DL via PC.

mM

they removed it cause it was causing alot of problems

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"