By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wich is the best Metroid?

Hyperion said:
The first time I played Super Metroid I thought it the best game ever. I downloaded it today, and thought it's still a good game, I don't know if it's as good as the prime series.

I guess I should give it credit for being so revolutionary for its time. Still, Prime 1 and 3 are excellent.

I loved the prime series, the change was amazing and unexpected (from the 2D ones), but i prefer the 2D than the 3D.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Around the Network

Of the Metroid games I've played, Prime is one of my favourite games of all time. Super Metroid would be second. Corruption third and the gameboy Metroid fourth.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

i didn't know anything about metroid Super Metroid just came with my snes bundle with super mario all stars too, i played it 1 year after, i thought it was lame and i was busy with mario but once i started playing it blew me away in a way only handful of games ever did.

short answer Super Metroid!!!!

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

I'm actually playing Super Metroid now on the VC, and it's awesome! I'm enjoying it more than my first time playing it, right before Corruption's release. But I gotta say Prime is my favorite in the series.

Here is how it goes for me.
Super Metroid
Metroid Prime 3
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2
Metroid /Zero Mission
Metroid II
Metroid Fusion
Nothing
Metroid Prime Hunters

Around the Network
dougsdad0629 said:
I'm going to shock most of you and admit that I never played the original Metroid or Super Metroid. At the time, I just wasn't into those types of games. I was a kid. What the hell did I know. Now the problem is if I go back to play them, I'm going to likely get bored. That's just what happens to me with most old-school games.

Did you played Metroid Fusion or Zero Mission?

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Did anybody like Prime Hunters?

Super Metroid for me too.

i've only played Metroid Prime 3 on the Wii, and it's great!!!: )

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

Metroid Prime 1 is my favorite. It has a lot of atmosphere, great gameplay and beautiful graphics. And not only is my favorite Metroid game... is also my favorite game ever.

The worst is Metroid Prime Hunters... it doesn't feel anything like Metroid. Even Metroid Prime Pinball is a lot better than Hunters.

In order:

Metroid Prime
Super Metroid
Metroid Zero Mission
Metroid Fusion
Metroid Prime 3
Metroid Prime 2
Metroid II
Metroid
Metroid Pinball
Metroid Prime Hunters

Is definitely my favorite series.