By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 2.40 ??? When will it be back?

Anyone know when the 2.40 update for PS3 will be back? Im anxious to test it out. Do you think they only allowed a select number of downloads for more of a beta test before e3 perhaps?

B

Around the Network

It won't be back. They prevented downloading because of serious problems some were having. The next version will probably be 2.41 or something like that.

glad I missed it then dont need serious problems

Zkuq said:
It won't be back. They prevented downloading because of serious problems some were having. The next version will probably be 2.41 or something like that.

It will be back.

PooperScooper said:
Zkuq said:

It will be back.

I sorta doubt that because its caused problems with online for peope, and I've heard of it locking up in certain menus.

This firmwares problems go beyond just bricking consoles.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network
sieanr said:
PooperScooper said:
Zkuq said:

It will be back.

I sorta doubt that because its caused problems with online for peope, and I've heard of it locking up in certain menus.

This firmwares problems go beyond just bricking consoles.

uh... huh.... proof?

I've had it since day one and have had absolutely no problems. As other threads have mentioned the problems only effected a handful of consoles.

rasone77 said:
I've had it since day one and have had absolutely no problems. As other threads have mentioned the problems only effected a handful of consoles.

and it sounded like those problems were from getting disconnected while DL it. Either system getting manually turned off (intentionally or accidentally) or the DL just timing out.

But leave it to sieaner to talk crap about the Ps3... (6.5 for MGS4... enough said)

PooperScooper said:
rasone77 said:

and it sounded like those problems were from getting disconnected while DL it. Either system getting manually turned off (intentionally or accidentally) or the DL just timing out.

But leave it to sieaner to talk crap about the Ps3... (6.5 for MGS4... enough said)

Yeah bro, it must've been pulled for no real reason.

"everytime i go into chat the network signs me off automatically and people say they can't hear me talking because I'm lagging wayy too much. I tried different things like installing my bluetooth again and whatnot but it still does the same thing. and i can't view anybody's profile! anybody else having this problem?"

Plenty of people complaining about that here: http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3&thread.id=3041626&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

But I'm sure those people are lying, or fake accounts (ask MikeB 4 details).

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

sieanr said:
PooperScooper said:
rasone77 said:

Yeah bro, it must've been pulled for no real reason.

"everytime i go into chat the network signs me off automatically and people say they can't hear me talking because I'm lagging wayy too much. I tried different things like installing my bluetooth again and whatnot but it still does the same thing. and i can't view anybody's profile! anybody else having this problem?"

Plenty of people complaining about that here: http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3&thread.id=3041626&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

But I'm sure those people are lying, or fake accounts (ask MikeB 4 details).

Heaven forbid someone critize MGS4

zigzag317 wrote:

just goes to show you how much better MS is than Sony at this kind of thing... Next-Gen huh.....

SONY + 2.40= FAILURE

Of course its all Ps3 owners. Of course it can't be trolls like PIMP

Someone with 2,700 too