By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 64% of ppl give up on Wii Fit

The survey is flawed, not because of its size (US presidential elections are predicted accurately on not many more people) but because of the bias of the sampling frame. This was not a random survey of purchasers but rather a survey (of some sorts) of readers of an IT magazine.

On a personal note, my board is gathering dust right now but will be brought back out. I got out of my exercise program before a business trip and have not gotten back into one.

Which leads to the next point -- many people join gyms but few stick to them. If anyone thought Wii Fit would be any different (except it is one-third to one-quarter the cost of an annual gym membership if you already have the Wii console), then you were mistaken.

Mike from Morgantown

PS -- I wonder how this usage profile compares to other video games. After all, if people did not give up on games, there would be no used units to purchase.

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

Surveys are full of shit.
People dont have to be honest.
Thousands isnt millions of the people who have bought it so......:P

Erm so 22% of readers of a tech magazine use Wiifit every single day like 8 months after it launched? That's pretty awesome.  Don't pay attention to the typical Kotaku anti-Wii bias.

jjseth said:
Hmmmmm... seems to prove my point of Wii Fit being a fad. ;)

Although it is a shame that more aren't faithfully using it, or maybe moving onto a gym to keep in good health.

Do people here have any idea how many people join a gym and never go after 2 weeks?

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Are they 100% sure the 1000 people polled actually have wii fit or was the question more like:

Do you own wii fit and if so how often do you play it?

Therefore allowing those who don't own it to also answer and skew the results, rather like fanboys of various consoles giving games on rival systems a 0 out of 10 score.

Around the Network
dib8rman said:
I wanted to get Wiifit - but a month after the hype - I kind of don't anymore - I actually just wanted to balance board for Skate it - I'm a controller freak I guess >.>.

The balance games are a lot of fun.  My girlfriend still uses it almost daily, depends on if she does some other sort or exercise that day.

Soriku said:

Guys...this is a poll of 1000 people. Not very credible, is it?

Not to mention the choices aren't exactly accurate. I only play Halo 3 once every couple of weeks, or I play for 2 weeks about twice, then I won't play at all the next week. My point is that the choices are also a problem

Not to mention the fact that Americans probably use it more (I'm an American, and I know that the Japanese population is much, much, THINNER)

DKII said:

Erm so 22% of readers of a tech magazine use Wiifit every single day like 8 months after it launched? That's pretty awesome.  Don't pay attention to the typical Kotaku anti-Wii bias.

Kotaku is Anti-Wii?

I blame Wii Fit

Soriku said:

Guys...this is a poll of 1000 people. Not very credible, is it?

Who cares?

I blame Wii Fit!!