By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Katamari 360 Exclusive? Not so much.

fishamaphone said:
CapAmerica: getting a major *Japanese* exclusive, which was previously thought of as a Sony franchise, shows that 360 is getting more support in Japan than people think, and *could* be a sign of some kind of turn-around.

This is why everyone was making such a big deal. There's arguably no franchise that's more blatantly Japanese than Katamari Damacy, so if it *was* leaving Sony for "we're lucky to sell 5,000 a week in Japan" Microsoft, it would be major news.

And it wouldn't make much sense. It would make more sense if it came to Wii, but apparently they wanna sell this in the US thus the Katamari on 360...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Well, my theory is that there's a Wii version in the works but it's going to take a lot longer because for 360 and PS3, they can simply use an upgraded version of the same engine (or even the same engine), but for Wii, the lack of dual-analog forces them to figure out a new control scheme that works, but still makes as little sense as the Katamari franchise is known for. Katamari seems almost like it was *made* for Wii, and I think (although this may be my fanboy showing through) that it would be stupid *not* to make a Wii version.