By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: Suikoden VI on PSP

I don't know how many Suikoden fans we have on these boards, but I'm a certified addict. For anyone else like me, a Japanese retailer apparently listed Suikoden VI for PSP and then quickly pulled it. Here's the "source:"

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=323011

A few months ago, I would say this rumor had no chance to be true. I figured the game would go to the DS, Wii, or PS3. But with the success of Monster Hunter and the PSP's resurgence in Japan, I think Japanese devs are getting excited about the PSP these days, so this would make sense.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Around the Network

ha, knew you'd catch this one first Soriku....you must have some kinda 7th sense about these things.

Yeah, not going to happen. With the way that PSP software has been going recently (everything not named "Monster Hunter Portable" has been selling poorly), a third party would need to be crazy to develop a PSP exclusive.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Garcian Smith said:
Yeah, not going to happen. With the way that PSP software has been going recently (everything not named "Monster Hunter Portable" has been selling poorly), a third party would need to be crazy to develop a PSP exclusive.

At least once get your head out from your ass and look at Japanese PSP software sales . Every game that deserves high sales is getting it in the same level as it would on any other system . Also , games like Patapon , Crisis Core , CoO prooved to us that with a little effort and a good ad campaign everything is possible ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!