By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 backwards compatibility,

I just got hired and am planning to buy a PS3. What I really wanna know is does PS3 have it and how fucked up is it? If it is fucked up.

Do I need any extra crap to play it and is there only a list of games it plays.

I missed a lot of PS2 games so Im planning on getting the MGS series Kingdom Hearts and a few others.

Around the Network

The 80gb supports Full BC now, buy the MGS4 bundle if you live in NA, if you dont get a ps2 and ps3 elsewhere.

mM

You don't need any extra crap other then the PS2 game disk and a 20, 60 or 80GB PS3. You create virtual memory cards on your PS3 and use the PS3's controllers.

I wouldn't say FULL, but 80GB does play the majority of games, as more obscure games might not be playable.

40GB can't play any PS2 games, 60GB and 20GB are discontinued, but they both can play all PS2 games.

Thanks guys.

Around the Network
Aj_habfan said:
I wouldn't say FULL, but 80GB does play the majority of games, as more obscure games might not be playable.

40GB can't play any PS2 games, 60GB and 20GB are discontinued, but they both can play all PS2 games.

Wait.....so 80GB doesnt play all but the discontinued 60GB and 20GB play ALL of them. Hm? I guess.

Im getting the 80GB then I guess....

You come from the USA, so get the 80GB MGS4 bundle. It comes with a Dualshock 3 controller and the most awesome game this year. The 80GB is pretty much fully BC.

I haven't had any problem's with my games (I own a 60 GB version), and you don't need to do anything but put the disk in, I think the 80 GB version plays like 80-90% of PS2 games though

And I think it was just the 20/60 GB that plays all the PS2 games

You can't help but root for the underdog, GO PS3!

End of 08' Sales

Wii:                      39.56

Xbox 360:           24.75

Playstation 3:     20.58

Valkyria00 said:
Aj_habfan said:

Wait.....so 80GB doesnt play all but the discontinued 60GB and 20GB play ALL of them. Hm? I guess.

Im getting the 80GB then I guess....

The 80gb plays about 85% of all games flawlessy.  The other 15% may have bugs and other problems.

Just go here and search whatever game you want and it well tell you if it's compatible or not

http://www.us.playstation.com/Support/CompatibleStatus

You can't help but root for the underdog, GO PS3!

End of 08' Sales

Wii:                      39.56

Xbox 360:           24.75

Playstation 3:     20.58