By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can you please fix the stats on the front page?

We have this link telling us that the stats are all follows:

Here's NPD's tally of total U.S. installed base among the three next-generation consoles, the tally of cumulative unit sales since launch. The Xbox 360 was launched in November 2005, the Wii and the PlayStation 3 in November 2006.

Xbox 360: 5.6 million
Nintendo Wii: 2.8 million
PlayStation 3: 1.4 million

Can you fix the stats on the front page to match this? Seems the 360 and Wii aren't doing nearly as good as first thought.

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Around the Network

This has already been discussed ad nauseam on another page. It is known that VGChartz is slightly off and it seems that they are fine with that.

Those stats are just for the USA through June 3.  ioi has Canadian data include in the 'Americas' sales figures, and the data is up to June 10.  While a downward adjustment is necessary, it is not off terribly, perhaps 2% high for 360, and .5% too high for Wii, and .5% too low for PS3.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

I'd say it's more like 5% too high for 360 and 2% too high for Wii.

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Ok, first, add 1 week of sales to those NPD numbers 'cause NPD is through June 3rd while the front page is through June 10th. At the May average rate for NPD, that's 85k for Wii, 39k for 360, 20k for PS3. Then take those totals and add 10-15% for Canada and the rest of the Americas. You get:

360: 6.2-6.4 million
Wii: 3.2-3.3 million
PS3: 1.5-1.6 million

The front page says 360 is at 6.4 million, Wii is at 3.3 million, PS3 is at 1.5 million. Pretty close eh?

Around the Network
ioi said:
Groan, I get fed up of random people creating an account on this site and then saying "YOU MUST CHANGE YOUR NUMBERS THEY ARE WRONG BECAUSE I HAVE MISUNDERSTOOD THIS PRESS RELEASE OR NEWS INFO AND HAVE NO CLUE OF HOW YOU CALCULATE YOUR NUMBERS OR WHAT THEY MEAN".

As DK II and TheSource have rightly pointed out (once again), a minor adjustment will be made due to the fact we overtracked 360 by about 50k units in May and undertracked PS3 by 20k but apart from that the figures are spot on.

What's even worse is they open multiple threads discussing the same press release/interview. Then when I tell them it's not news, they call me a troll. 

lol nintendotogepi is a troll on the nintendo forum, i remember him...

just walk away people..nothing new to see here =)

Ioi, just make an announcement somewhere on the forum, that it is not allowed to make topics such as these, and that they will result in a ban

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

ioi can u plz change yer numberz b/c i think i heard the wii has sold like a billion consoles thx

Oh heavens no, we're not exactly lined up with the all-knowing NPD! Stop making threads demanding a number change. I think this one's been settled.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )