By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo floods the market with Wii?

ferret1603 said:
I can't understand why people are so against the idea that shops have Wiis. It's bizarre! Even stranger is the fact that it's the Wii fanboys who are most opposed to the idea. You'd think they'd be celebrating that Nintendo had finally got its act together and upped production, and the easy availability will mean even greater Wii domination of the hardware charts. But I guess fanboys don't think logically.

I think it's because a lot of them are from the US... where I guess due to the currency issues... or something... Wii's aren't anywhere to be found.

Hard to believe Wii's are in stock somewhere in a quanity of 300 when you haven't seen one in two years

Or at least that's my guess.

Around the Network

BTW, counting the Wiis. I come up with a grand total of just above 300, so my estimate wasn't exagerrated. Pretty damn accurate I would say.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Are we still counting those Wiis? Has anyone went back to that store and taken pictures again?

super_etecoon said:
Are we still counting those Wiis? Has anyone went back to that store and taken pictures again?

Because I live nearby I visit the store quite regulary (about once a week, for printer cartidges, other office stuff, games, etc.), I'll let you know if they run out of stock. But I'm not going to take pictures again.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Kasz216 said:
ferret1603 said:
I can't understand why people are so against the idea that shops have Wiis. It's bizarre! Even stranger is the fact that it's the Wii fanboys who are most opposed to the idea. You'd think they'd be celebrating that Nintendo had finally got its act together and upped production, and the easy availability will mean even greater Wii domination of the hardware charts. But I guess fanboys don't think logically.

I think it's because a lot of them are from the US... where I guess due to the currency issues... or something... Wii's aren't anywhere to be found.

Hard to believe Wii's are in stock somewhere in a quanity of 300 when you haven't seen one in two years

Yes, the dollar is weak. They may well generate more profits in Europe, in terms of market value just the European Union by itself is a more important gaming market according to a recent article I shared on the forums.

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network
MikeB said:
BTW, counting the Wiis. I come up with a grand total of just above 300.

Are you seriously still on about this? 

/sigh

OK, first there is no way the Wiis in the first 4 pics add up to "just above 300".  We have ~125 in pic 1, 37 in pic 2, ~22 pic 3, and ~46 in the last pic for a total of ~230 give or take 6.  And that count assumes there aren't any missing from behind the rows of pic 4 (ie due to "facing the product") or missing from the back side of stacks. 

Your second set of pics from July 3rd only shows around ~100 units

These are the facts right now:
- July 2nd you took pics of at most 236 units at the media market.
- July 3rd you took pics of ~100 units at the Media market.
- You said you didn't physically count on July 2nd.
- You now say you physically counted presumably on July 3rd or 4th (today).
- Your count is claimed to have reached a total that was greater than 300.
- You never gave a specific result of your count, which would be the most obvious piece of information to posess when aquiring an accurate detailed count as it is by definition the very goal.

What are you trying to tell me exactly?  That you counted more units today/yesterday than you took pics of on July 2nd?  That when you counted you came up with 3x as many units as you took pics of?  Was your camera full of memory?  I mean I would personally get every last Wii on camera if I felt people were doubting me.

See at the beginning of the thread I gave you the benefit of the doubt, but now facts aren't adding up.

To Each Man, Responsibility
MikeB said:
Kasz216 said:
ferret1603 said:

Yes, the dollar is weak. They may well generate more profits in Europe, in terms of market value just the European Union by itself is a more important gaming market according to a recent article I shared on the forums.

Hm. Where was that? That seems... unlikely to me if your talking console gaming. (Now PC Gaming... oh yeah.)

Though to be fair, the dollar is weak, and even before then Euro gamers were getting somewhat screwed on the prices of things. What was taxing, what was shipping and what's greed i'm not sure but it looked like at least some greed was involved.

Ironically, I actually hope Mike is right that there are 300 Wiis there...it bodes VERY well for the holidays =)

To Each Man, Responsibility
trestres said:
300 Wii's on a single store? Why would they ship that much to 1 store only?

Unfortunately, you rely on others to tell you what is "good". Enjoy your mindless repetitions of GTA4, the "greatest game ever made".

Too bad most of those reviews are written by skewed fanboys, themselves, or you might make some kind of point.

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

I've only read the first two pages but I think I get the gist of what's going on....

Why is everyone getting mad because a store has Wiis? Isn't that a good thing? That more consumers can buy Wiis? Or does everyone want to keep being able to say that "Oh, the Wii is too popular, you'll never find one. There's too much demand"?

Why is it when demand is nearly met, there's an outrage? So what if MikeB said "flooding the market". Relatively speaking they ARE flooding the market, considering that there weren't nearly that many Wiis in any one setting. Geez. I mean, he said "consumer woes are finally gone" meaning people who want Wiis can now get them. I know that my niece had to wait about two months after her birthday to get a Wii because both myself and my sister had trouble finding one. Let's take this situation back to February to coincide with my example (lol). Why should there be an outrage if my niece was able to get a Wii on time instead of two month later?

Like he said, Wiis in store = good. We all KNOW that those things sell like hotcakes, and that's when supply was low(er). Imagine how much weekly sales would jump if all stores got enough supply to meet demand. There. That should make you people happy.