By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 2 New Star Ocean 4 Screens + Artwork

ClaudeLv250 said:
Inomata's designs are better than Fujishima's.

Also, Star Ocean > Final Fantasy.

How are they better exactly?

Around the Network

By looking infinitely better.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:

Prove it.

Too much damn anti-FF elitism BS in this thread. 

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

Soriku said:
Star Ocean > FF

True story. I don't have a 360... :(

The BS on this site is appalling! Since when did Star Ocean> FF? You guys like talking sales right? The sales, reason, fans and even the publishing company would suggest otherwise except I died and got born again to a different world!

I guess SO4 is so great now since its on the x360 lol!

You  guys could have easily praised the quality of the game without taking cheap shots at FF! Its the same publisher for crying out loud.

Its okay to be a fanboy but these outlandish comments are getting out of hand.

On point though, it seems like nothing much has changed except the graphical upgrade. That guy looks almost exactly like Fayt! Hopefully they have a better ending and a well paced story this time!

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

swyggi said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

Prove it.

Too much damn anti-FF elitism BS in this thread. 

It's up to me then?

Okay, I'll prove it.

*looks at Star Ocean 4 screens*

DO WANT!

*Looks at Final Fantasy VIII*

DO NOT WANT!

Well, there we have it. Undeniable proof that Star Ocean > Final Fantasy.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Pristine20 said:
Soriku said:
Star Ocean > FF

The BS on this site i apalling! Since when did Star Ocean> FF? You guys like talking sales right? The sales, reason, fans and even the publishing company would suggest otherwise except I died and got born again to a different world!

You guys could have easily praised the quality of the game without taking cheap shots at FF! Its the same publisher for crying out loud.

Its okay to be a fanboy but thes outlandish comments are getting out of hand.

On point though, it seems like nothing much has changed except the graphical upgrade. That guy looks almost exactly like Fayt! Hopefully they have a better ending and a well paced story this time!

Eh? It's called an opinion. I don't own a 360 or PS3 (nor plan to buy one anytime soon) so you can't call my post bias. I've played both series and I think SO is better.

I'm not saying FF is a bad series. It's a good series. I just prefer SO. Also, SO is pretty similar to Tales and you now how much I like Tales.

Personally, I prefer FF but again, that is just my opinion.  I still like SO though

Soriku said:
Pristine20 said:
Soriku said:
Star Ocean > FF

The BS on this site i apalling! Since when did Star Ocean> FF? You guys like talking sales right? The sales, reason, fans and even the publishing company would suggest otherwise except I died and got born again to a different world!

You  guys could have easily praised the quality of the game without taking cheap shots at FF! Its the same publisher for crying out loud.

Eh? It's called an opinion. I don't own a 360 or PS3 (nor plan to buy one anytime soon) so you can't call my post bias. I've played both series and I think SO is better.

I'm not saying FF is a bad series. It's a good series. I just prefer SO. Also, SO is pretty similar to Tales and you now how much I like Tales.

I'm a little surprised at the people throwing tantrums over the simple fact that there are many RPG franchises that are better than Final Fantasy. Star Ocean and Tales are just two of them.

ClaudeLv250 said:
Soriku said:
Pristine20 said:
Soriku said:
Star Ocean > FF

You guys could have easily praised the quality of the game without taking cheap shots at FF! Its the same publisher for crying out loud.

I'm a little surprised at the people throwing tantrums over the simple fact that there are many RPG franchises that are better than Final Fantasy. Star Ocean and Tales are just two of them.

I hate it when people bash a series just because it is mainstream

ClaudeLv250 said:
Soriku said:
Pristine20 said:
Soriku said:
Star Ocean > FF

Here's the problem, your stating this as if it WERE fact.  It's not, it's your opinion no matter how honestly you may believe it.  The FACT that you are stating it as a fact is what is making many people angry, including myself. >_>

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

Soriku said:
Tayne said:
Riachu said:
Soriku said:
memory2zack said:
Soriku said:
The only problem I (sorta) have with it is...seems a bit too realistic. They should've added a shade of anime style like the artwork but whatever.

Tsktsktsk, you and anime. I also like anime but I´m not picky like that. Can´t you play a game that´s not anime-styled?

Meh...I think I'm trying too hard to compare it too much with Tales of games >_< I mean Tales and SO pretty similarly. Also, SO on the PS1 looked like Tales on the PS1. Same can be said with the PS2 on some ocassions. But now, we have two different things. Compare the SO4 pics to ToV...

I'm not saying it's bad lol I just prefer the other SO's style to this more realistic one (sorta reminds me of GeoW... O_o).

Edit: Btw, I dont' even watch anime lol.

They are going for a more realistic direction because the 360 is allowing them to make the character models that way.  It is still anime style, it's just not as obvious as in SO2 and 3

Maybe Namco should follow the FF and SO series and evolve the art style more.  I'm sure the masses wouldn't complain if ToV had an art style like SO4.

X_X For the DS. That CG looks really ugly. I'd prefer Namco stick with anime style Tales, thanks.

Why compare a DS game's art style  to a 360 game?  Anyways, Namce will have to evolve Tales art style soon enough. I like the series as much as the next person but SO4 just owns ToV on looks alone.  I'll more than likely still get both.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2