By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 2 New Star Ocean 4 Screens + Artwork

selnor said:
SO,LO,ES and Grandia 3 >>>FF. Certainly from 8 onwards. FF has definatley become quantity not quality. Also if FF is where the good devs go, I'd hate to see the bad ones. Wait they must have worked on Project Sylpheed. lol

What on earth does quantity not quality mean? Grandia 3>>>FF? Did we play the same game? I haven't played LO and ES so no comment on those but since people like to judge by sales, none of those games can stand up to FF. FF12 didn't live up to its pedecessors in sales because of rampant ps2 piracy. I watch the torrents so I know.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

@Pristine20

Easy now, control the anger.

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

swyggi said:
@Pristine20

The number of people rising to the "insult FF occasion" is just ticking my nerves! Its almost as if I alone bought the 5 mil copies of FF12 lol.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Pristine20 said:
swyggi said:
@Pristine20

The number of people rising to the "insult FF occasion" is just ticking my nerves! Its almost as if I alone bought the 5 mil copies of FF12 lol.

You aren't the only person who likes this game.  The game may be controversial but overall, there is more love than hate for FFXII

Hey, I understand but you have to remind yourself that their opinion=/= fact and that the majority of gamers out there aren't on websites. ^_^

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

Around the Network

I think being a fan of FF is actually an often more one sided fight on these forums then any console fan. But don't worry you aren't alone Pristine, I too enjoyed FFXII immensely, and if you can find it, there was a thread about which FF was better X or XII, and a surprising number of people picked XII.

But yeah, lots of FF hate, but ya just have to let it slide.

Torillian said:
I think being a fan of FF is actually an often more one sided fight on these forums then any console fan. But don't worry you aren't alone Pristine, I too enjoyed FFXII immensely, and if you can find it, there was a thread about which FF was better X or XII, and a surprising number of people picked XII.

I really like FFXII but personally like FFX better

Torillian said:

Yeah, I should let it slide. I just don't understand why people think that if you love one series, you have to bash the competition. SMT is also one of my fav series but you'll never hear me saying tales is crap compared to it or anything of the sort. I just get defensive when people outright insult games I find enjoyable. Fact is, I also would buy SO4 if it ever releases on ps3 because its published by S-E. I just won't be buying a 360 because of it or any other game for that matter. It'll just fall under my "skip" category saving me money and time because my gaming costs (time and money wise) are getting ridiculous.

Pristine20 said:
Torillian said:

Yeah, I should let it slide. I just don't understand why people think that if you love one series, you have to bash the competition. SMT is also one of my fav series but you'll never hear me saying tales is crap compared to it or anything of the sort. I just get defensive when people outright insult games I find enjoyable. Fact is, I also would buy SO4 if it ever releases on ps3 because its published by S-E. I just won't be buying a 360 because of it or any other game for that matter. It'll just fall under my "skip" category saving me money and time because my gaming costs (time and money wise) are getting ridiculous.

You're not alone.  I am only 15 and still in high school.  My family aren't exactly rich so I try to be conservative as possible with spending my money on games

Earlier question about disc size and RPGs:

For BD and LO (I own both, mind you), the reason they were 3-4 disks wasn't due to the size of the games, but entirely due to the cutscenes. Both games had at least 1hr, if not close to 2hrs, of HD cutscenes. Since HD cutscenes take up, oh, 3-4x more memory than an SD cutscene...You can fill a regular size DVD very quickly (which is why many PS3 games, ala MGS4, have many cutscenes).

About "who needs FF", my reasoning is that SO4 looks awesome. Everyone bills the Final Fantasy series as some sort of un-touchable mammoth of a series. However, SO4 looks awesome, and is actually taking a Sci-Fi approach to the RPG genre, rather than a half-cocked one that FF and other carbon-copies take. This makes me excited that we might see a game do Sci-Fi right.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.