By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Big Brain Academy Wii Thread

picked this up a couple days back for $39.99 at circuit city.

it's great!  not warioware great, but probably right behind wii sports in terms of tilt.  or maybe i liked warioware so much is because it's the first real "for fun" video game i've picked up on a console in... 15 years?

multiplayer is absolutely fantastic.  my wife and i have very close battles!  especially the sprint mode, since you could be leading and then all of a sudden you get stuck on one and lose.  i'd say it's almost too exciting!

haven't gone through all of the modes yet (gone through 1 of each attribute), but it looks like there are more than just the 15 categories reviewers tell us.  looks like some need to be unlocked.

sales: MP8 is #1 on Amazon, after like 2 weeks, this is currently #18 on Amazon.  so given that MP8 sold 300k+ in its first week... expect this to sell ~70k in its first week.  it should have very long legs in the US.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Around the Network

i'd say it's almost too exciting!

I don't know why, but I found that line to be hillarious. I actually can't stop laughing!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

There is a very nice review of the game here: http://www.destructoid.com/destructoid-review-big-brain-academy-wii-degree-32966.phtml

All in all, it's a very good game and definitely worth a look if you have a Wii. $49 is a bit much, I think it should have been a $39 title, but it really is fun (as strange as that would sound).

If anyone feels like comparing sizes (::snickers::), here's my code and message me: 2882 8453 1273 2905

twesterm said:
There is a very nice review of the game here: http://www.destructoid.com/destructoid-review-big-brain-academy-wii-degree-32966.phtml

All in all, it's a very good game and definitely worth a look if you have a Wii. $49 is a bit much, I think it should have been a $39 title, but it really is fun (as strange as that would sound).

If anyone feels like comparing sizes (::snickers::), here's my code and message me: 2882 8453 1273 2905

I thought reviewers were biased against these kinds of games?

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

He's not a reviewer (and just happen to agree with everything he says about the game)  

;)

Around the Network
twesterm said:

He's not a reviewer (and just happen to agree with everything he says about the game)

;)

Nice cover. 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

I like the idea of this game - and 2-player mode sounds excellent. That said, there are probably too many Wii titles coming out which I rank in front of this.

It will either have to be cheap ($60AU), or a bargain bin pickup for me to be interested...

PS - IGN gave this a good review (7.6), and really liked it...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I actually really want to grab ahold of this game for the family, been trying to find another game that we can sucker the parents into playing. They enjoy Wii Bowling now and again, but I don't think any of the other games my brother has will really entice them. But this one might.

twesterm said:

Topic created said he got it for 40 bucks(39.99). Where did you get it from?

Nevermind, posted repeated info.