By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo Wars ABSOLUTE WoW! New screens

PC gaming is controlled by Microsoft. 80% of OS is Windows Microsoft based or something like that.

Around the Network

looking great.. but i think i am more excited about red alert 3 and star craft 2, but i guess it all depends about when they each come out..if they are spaced, i'll look into picking this one up

I would be surprised if the final version looks that great.

One big weakness for all consoles for RTS is the low levels of ram available. Look how much force commander had to get toned down.

This game will sell a million easily because, unfortunately, it has Halo in the name. Hopefully it will be a decent game in its own right (much like Force Unleased is shaping up for the Star Wars franchise) and, if it can get decent reviews as well, 2 million would be a possibility, by the end of 2008 the 360 will have an install base of around 25 million so 1 million is only 4% of the install base. Where as Halo3 will have sold to roughly 30% of install base.

Whoops forgot to mention

@tabsina: Totally agree, looking forward more to ra3 and sc2 than Halo Wars but would happily pick them all up if they are all good!

Looks nice but this game really belongs on the PC , as for guns in RTS's I prefer swords and arrows.

Around the Network

all i can say is ... WOW.

Judging a game by graphics is stupid, but for an RTS it's beyond stupid, and this general stupidity leads to game producers focusing on graphics instead of gameplay. Anyway, even with HD consoles the resolution is going to be a serious handicap compared to 1920x1200 PC goodness. And if they expect you to control this with a gamepad it'll most likely be a very limited game.

Godsmurf said:
Judging a game by graphics is stupid, but for an RTS it's beyond stupid, and this general stupidity leads to game producers focusing on graphics instead of gameplay. Anyway, even with HD consoles the resolution is going to be a serious handicap compared to 1920x1200 PC goodness. And if they expect you to control this with a gamepad it'll most likely be a very limited game.

Do not hold your breath on this game. 70 to 75% average reviews tops. Great visuals will not be enough to make up for inadequate controls. Hopefully a good mouse and keyboard system is out.

this game is looking better then i though it would.

Rock_on_2008 said:
PC gaming is controlled by Microsoft. 80% of OS is Windows Microsoft based or something like that.

Please, PLEASE start backing up your claims with facts. Your baseless claims are extremely annoying.

On topic: A couple of those screens look like hand drawn art. Does anyone else see that? Edit: If they aren't art, I'm extremely impressed. As a long time Command and Conquer fan, I'm very much looking forward to playing the next good RTS.

Currently playing: Civ 6