By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - One thing you never really hear about Crysis.

It's a great game. We hear about how good it looks, but it's actually has a real plot, and is very fun to play.

It does look fricken amazing, so I can see why that gets overshadowed. It's the best looking game ever created, but I think we all knew that :)

Around the Network

yeah the ame is very fun,the suit is also a big part that makes it very fun

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Theres some amazing things being done with the engine by modders and the new crysis game looks pretty awesome too! :)

Tease.

I agree, it is probably the best open world fps that I've played yet console fans always think its bad. Its better than most console fpses imo. The online is pretty fun too.(Not at CoD4 level though).

sc94597 said:

I agree, it is probably the best open world fps that I've played yet console fans always think its bad. Its better than most console fpses imo. The online is pretty fun too.(Not at CoD4 level though).

Its quite understandible. Its jealousy mixed with envy. If the PS3 was going to get it and the Xbox360 wasn't it'd suddenly become another AAA shooter to them.

Open world is only possible on the PC at present really. I mean to do it well.

To compare it to something on consoles its like Bioshock. Great graphics and subjective story telling with the last third of the game letting it down. But on both its actually the gameplay that saves the game IMO.

Tease.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
sc94597 said:

Its quite understandible. Its jealousy mixed with envy. If the PS3 was going to get it and the Xbox360 wasn't it'd suddenly become another AAA shooter to them.

Open world is only possible on the PC at present really. I mean to do it well.

To compare it to something on consoles its like Bioshock. Great graphics and subjective story telling with the last third of the game letting it down. But on both its actually the gameplay that saves the game IMO.

I think the best comparison will be Far Cry 2, as that is coming to both consoles.

i always thought the story and game-play were medioca at best

There is a secret PS3 port in the works of Crysis. That is a leak.

Crysis is the first singleplayer FPS i completed since DOOM2. They tend to bore me as i prefer games like UT, BF2 and Quake 3 but this one was really good (especially on hard and delta).

I enjoyed how open it is. To me it's the GTA of FPS's. Don't feel like sticking to an objective...go toy with the physics.

The rEVOLution is not being televised