By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - One thing you never really hear about Crysis.

Crysis is just another me too shooter.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:

I agree, it is probably the best open world fps that I've played yet console fans always think its bad. Its better than most console fpses imo. The online is pretty fun too.(Not at CoD4 level though).

lol, Crysis is no where near being an open world game. You're restricted to a few linear paths and there are these annoying rock walls everywhere that block you from going where you want. Even inside jungles you have the unmountable rock walls, and it looks ridiculous. 

Oblivion is open world, and Far Cry 2 will be.

Slimebeast said:
sc94597 said:

I agree, it is probably the best open world fps that I've played yet console fans always think its bad. Its better than most console fpses imo. The online is pretty fun too.(Not at CoD4 level though).

lol, Crysis is no where near being an open world game. You're restricted to a few linear paths and there are these annoying rock walls everywhere that block you from going where you want. Even inside jungles you have the unmountable rock walls, and it looks ridiculous. 

Crysis is open world, more than Far Cry (where there really was rockwalls). There are still some linear paths, but that is where it makes sort of sense (such as inside the alien ship).

I don't know why you brought up Oblivion, it's an RPG which, even though it has an open world, the world itself is bland, empty, generic, sterile and with no 'real' choices.

shio said:
Slimebeast said:
sc94597 said:

Crysis is open world, more than Far Cry (where there really was rockwalls). There are still some linear paths, but that is where it makes sort of sense (such as inside the alien ship).

I don't know why you brought up Oblivion, it's an RPG which, even though it has an open world, the world itself is bland, empty, generic, sterile and with no 'real' choices.

More open world than the original Far Cry, and more open than corridor shooters like CoD4, Doom3 and HL2. You say "inside alien ship", yes of course it makes sense there, but Im talking outdoors. You can't deny that the rock walls weren't present in all outdoor areas (they were everywhere).

Crysis promised to be open world, but it disappointed many by being so linear in the final product.

Far Cry 2 will be truly open world.

I mentioned Oblivion because it's the icon of open world games.