By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - For Those that do & do not have a PS3... A Quick Question

OriGin said:
400 australian plz

What is that equal to in US dollars?

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network
Thrillhouse said:

Well... there is $200 down the drain. I could of spent that on games or controllers. BAH! Stupid "Gotta have 'em all" mentality.

You don't even know if there is a price cut soon also you don't know it's gonna be 200 dollars. It's worth it to have all 3 early rather than wait for the price to come down. If you can justify early adoption of all 3, then do it.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:
OriGin said:
400 australian plz

What is that equal to in US dollars?

http://www.xe.com/

400.00 AUD

=

335.993 USD

At the moment there is no games that INTEREST ME.

If more games come out then I will think about it.

Visit my interactive story site
http://www.catprog.org/story.html

i would pay 500 for it. hell i'd pay 600 if ff xiii would come out soon.

my top 5 right now. 1. uncharted 2 2. assassin's creed 2 3. god of war 3 4. final fantasy xiii 5. blue dragon: awakened shadow.

Around the Network
squarehead said:
i would pay 500 for it. hell i'd pay 600 if ff xiii would come out soon.

You are not alone in that regard, I suspect. Welcome to the forums.

Edit:  Oh, and I'd buy one for about $450 or so because I split the sell of another PS3.  Otherwise, I probably would have waited for Motorstorm and Calling All Cars. 

I'm happy with my Wii & DS for now. Wii was the first console i bought that cost over $200 and only cause i really,really wanted it. :D  

M$ & Sony will be waiting a long while before i even consider buying theirs. They have nothing right now that'll make me want to fork over $300,400,500 or 600 dollars.

WiiFit will be 2008 #1 selling game in NORTH AMERICA!  
End of '08 Predictions: Wii - 48m X360 - 25m  PS3 - 19m
Wii monthly NA sales will top 400k every month in '08. *Jan sales ruined it. Grrrr!*
WiiFit will top 1m in sales in its first month of release in North America.
MGS4 will NOT be released in '08. *Darn it!* FF13 will NOT be released in '08.
Rockband Wii will top 600k in first month sales in North America.
WiiFit will pass the PS3 WW sales by Xmas '09.

I bought my PS3 in Christmas week, so I wouldn't feel cheated if they lowered the price. It'd be kind of dumb to say that I would have felt cheated, but I would be kind of pissed (mainly at myself for not doing the research) if I bought it and then a short time later the price was dropped. I wonder if a PS3 price drop would get the same negative comments 360 fans give Microsoft does something with the 360. I keep seeing stupid things like "Microsoft should allow us to trade in our 360's to get an elite" and other funny stuff like that.

IllegalPaladin said:
I bought my PS3 in Christmas week, so I wouldn't feel cheated if they lowered the price. It'd be kind of dumb to say that I would have felt cheated, but I would be kind of pissed (mainly at myself for not doing the research) if I bought it and then a short time later the price was dropped. I wonder if a PS3 price drop would get the same negative comments 360 fans give Microsoft does something with the 360. I keep seeing stupid things like "Microsoft should allow us to trade in our 360's to get an elite" and other funny stuff like that.

you only saw that complaint because they were charging up the ass for the larger HD seperate from the elite so Premium owners were getting screwed pretty badly

I figured that was part of the case, but I'd usually see stupid things that everytime something changed, I'd see people make comments that make it look like they expect Microsoft to make free hardware changes for everybody.