By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - For Those that do & do not have a PS3... A Quick Question

The price was the reason I didn't buy it at launch as I did with the PS2. Now I have more games that I want to play on Wii and DS than I have time to play them so I'd be hard pressed to justify purchasing another console at any price.

Around the Network

I have a PS3. I'd feel a lot more ripped off if the console was just a failure, than if they lowered the price and made it successful. I obviously thought it was worth the money when I bought it, but it was on the condition that they'd continue to make games for it. 360 ports don't count, either.

i will get a ps3 when
1. got a HD TV
2. need a blu ray player

now... if only they give a free HDTV if i buy a ps3 :)

Galaki said:
i will get a ps3 when
1. got a HD TV
2. need a blu ray player

now... if only they give a free HDTV if i buy a ps3 :)

Best Buy actually has a really nice deal for an HDTV, i think 44 inch plasma a PS3 an extra controller and MLB the Show for 2200 or something

I've been really enjoying my PS3 without HDTV.  I'll probably get one by this Christmas, though.  Not just for PS3, because that would be stupid.

Around the Network

@ everybody: I know I could hook it up to my PC monitor but I´ve never seen it done, does anybody know if this works fine and shows good results ??? My monitor is pretty big and only cost 50$ on ebay so it would be alternativ to think about since I´d only buy a HD TV for 300$-400$ and it shouldn´t be to small, this will take a long time and I know the graphics-hore in me will not sleep forever, choosing between a PS3/360/newPC will be a real bitch though they all have something the others don´t....hmmmmm Pc upgrade: about 700$, PS3: 600$ Xbox360: 400$, HD TV: about 1000$, I´m about 2700$ from gamers Nirvana, anybody here need a kidney ????

OFF TOPIC, And maybe this deserves its own thread for those that can handle putting pics online quicker then I.

The new BestBuy mailer is actually giving the PS3 away when you buy one of the Sony Hi-DEF LCD Televisions...

Yes I realize they factor them into the price and aren't actually giving them away, but still... it seems like a nice deal.
Buy 1 TV, 1 Blu-Ray Movie, 1 PS3 Game, and 1 PS3, and get about $600 chopped off your price.
I don't see anything about long term financing though so that may be the catch. You only get 6 months to pay for the stuff.

Predictions For Last Full Week of Sales in 2010)

WII - 80.35 Million

360 - 43.88 Million

PS3 - 41.40 Million

More terrible predictions coming Jan. 2011!!!

El Duderino said:
I´ll only buy one if they increase the price.

So you purchased yours on ebay?

For me to get a PS3, the price will most likely have to be around $300 bucks, with games like MGS4, FF13, and KH3 released or releasing soon. In other words, it may be a long while for me.

$400 for a 360 is too much for me, and that's with their line-up that towers over the PS3's(at this point and for the near future at least).

Ideally, both consoles need to be around $200 for me to feel justified in buying them, but if my financial stuff straightens outs, I might end up getting both when they drop to $300. The Premium 360 may hit that price fairly soonish, but it could be a long time before the PS3 even becomes something I'd even think about.

Now if I had oodles and oodles of money, I'd already have all 3, plus a PSP, a snazzy PC, a house at the beach, my own company, and a bunch of jewels around my neck. ;)

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

jlauro said:
El Duderino said:
I´ll only buy one if they increase the price.

So you purchased yours on ebay?

No, as I staated later on I will have to go through the hard decision of upping my PC or buying a PS3 or 360, the biggest problem with the PS3 is the controller size, my hands are just to darn big, holding a PS3 pad I look like a gorilla trying to strangle a mouse, I just hope the new rumble-pad will be a bit bigger, or there will be different models, the hole left pad issue also makes me wonder... still these problems can be overcome, I still have proplems playing shooters and RTS without a mouse but this could be solved as well, the constand need to upgrade and have to figure out how well games will run is why I´m thinking of not upgrading my PC anymore.