By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - For Those that do & do not have a PS3... A Quick Question

I'm gonna buy it when the price reach $300.00, mainly because most of the games that are going to come out for the ps3 are coming also to the 360 and the 5 or 6 good exclusives the ps3 is gonna have in 2007 and 2008 realy dont justifice spend more than 300.

My definition of fanboy: An idiot that misses 2/3 of the fun.

Around the Network

I would get it at $400, but only when I can find a 1080p TV for cheap. By then, it may be at $300.

I want them to drop the price so my friends and other people buy it. Also, theres a lot of games coming out this summer/ fall, hopefully enough to get people to buy more systems.

I also find it odd that people who don't have a ps3 but want one aren't really interested in Resistance b/c its an awesome fps.

well, im not interested in FPS. Give me a platformer any day.

I already have one and I wouldnt mind if the price dropped,

Around the Network

If the price drops to $400... I wont be pissed. I would buy another 1. Why? 1st unit i pay $600. 2nd unit I pay $400. Cost per console? $500. So if I buy 10 more, it will be $4600. Costing me $460 per PS3. Why do I need so many PS3? Because.... 11 PS3, is better than 3 PS3!! lol!! I am just kidding guys... this ain't the stock market! :P

if i didn't get the ps2 at $129, it's clear i won't be getting the ps3 at any price.

people like me only pick up consoles like the Wii because it has something unique to offer. innovation is the operative word.

the Wii is an epidemic.

$500 is low enough for me, but I'm far from the average user. The plan is to use it as an open source computer/web browser/game engine/Blu-Ray player, because I'm sick and tired of replacing my damn laptop every 2 years and paying through the nose for antivirus software, utilities, code fixes, etc. Hopefully the first price cut will come this October.

I can't see myself ever buying one at any price, I don't like the games that appear on Playstation consoles, I always feel I'm playing the same games over and over again.
My children will probably want one at some point though.

It's ironic, but the price break for me comes at £300 (equiv to $600) as opposed to the £400 ($800) that the PS3 costs right now in the UK.

Still, even at that price I want to see some games first. I spent £280 on a 360 but the whole HD thing was new then and I paid for a TV to go with it.

PS3 will be my third console this gen so it will have to do a lot to justify itself next to my 360 and Wii.