By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Soul Calibur 4 (PS3) - 6.7 GB Install + 2 GB Save

i guess you can't make this stuff up...lol but it's more likely that it's a typo to be honest. no game requires a 2gb save file. imagine how long that would take to save, especially when games auto-save these days lol.

Around the Network

Only gamers that are screwed this gen are 360 owner's. Atleast PS3 owners have the choice of upgrade there hard drives with reasonably price standard 2.5" drives. i've just upgraded my PS3 too 320Gb for only 74 pounds.

Marty8370 said:
Only gamers that are screwed this gen are 360 owner's. Atleast PS3 owners have the choice of upgrade there hard drives with reasonably price standard 2.5" drives. i've just upgraded my PS3 too 320Gb for only 74 pounds.

My God what a complete waste of server space this reply

FJ-Warez said:
leo-j said:
I see no reason why this game even needs an install in the first place.

To avoid slow load times???

I'm also failing to understand the point of this Blu-Ray as well.   I know a blu-ray disc can hold up to 50gb on the ps3 as of right now and is mainly used to store lots of data.  Well instead of installing this crap in the first place; since the whole game is about the same size (6.7 or so GB) why not just put multiple files on the Blu-ray disc so that the slow blu-ray disc laser thingy (I believe the speed is 1x due to the laser being blue and is not very fast to begin with) can read and find the info on the disc faster, therefore lower disc loading times.  Ok so if the game is about 7GB of space on a blu-ray disc, then what the heck is the remaining 43 GB used for?  Waste of space and money if you ask me.  That's what I though one of the reason's for blu-rays high amount of space was used for in the first place. 

Anyways, all this install crap is making the 360's format look good.  At least the 360 DVD9 format or whatever should have installs because the size of the discs are obviously smaller.  To sum this all up, this is no excuse for this amount of data to be installed on a PS3 HDD when the remaining space can be filled with data to decrease the loading times.  Oh well.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

BengaBenga said:
Marty8370 said:

That comment was in poor taste but so is yours Benga.  Don't post in a thread just to attack another poster please.

Around the Network
FJ-Warez said:
Rainbird said:
FJ-Warez said:
leo-j said:
I see no reason why this game even needs an install in the first place.

To avoid slow load times???

By installing the entire game on the HDD? *cough* Uncharted *cough*

MGS4,GTA4,DMC4

I understand MGS4 since it used all of the 50gb of disc space, but  GTA 4 and DMC4 needed no install, why do 3rd party games have such high installs?

The highest Ive seen from a 1st party title is what? 500mb? And they look miles better than those 3rd party games.

mM
BengaBenga said:
Marty8370 said:

Woah leave Marty alone.  He and I go way back.

We dont know the exact details here(one website I'll wait for something more solid). The ps3 will probably need a install and the save data is probably a typo. The 360 hard drive will probably be for online play only or something like that it wont be a installed game.
The amount of installed games for ps3 is getting very much out of hand even if the install is going to be below the 6 with all these games its getting harder and harder to just pop games in and out the ps3 and play your constantly having to install or uninstall games to manage your hard drive take into acount the video store sony is getting soon and people with the 40gig let alone the 20 gig will feel the sqeeze.

Heavenly Sword has an install of 2g, Assassin's Creed has about 1.4g, and Uncharted doesn't even require an install. There's no way a Soul Calibur could be more memory intensive than those games. No, sir, I don't buy it.

Words Of Wisdom said:
BengaBenga said:
Marty8370 said:

That comment was in poor taste but so is yours Benga.  Don't post in a thread just to attack another poster please.

You're probably right, sorry for that, but the 360 bashing is getting completely out of hand and the 360 doesn't even have anything to do with this discussion.