By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Cell processor can even locate oil

If the cell can locate oil, I wonder if it can locate my car keys?

Around the Network

An analyst commented that 75% of the reserves are in deep water, which are 30,000 feet below and are estimated to hold 56 billion barrels of oil. This amount would meet the entire U.S. demand for oil and gas for about five years.

Uhm... Did I read this right?

I'm guessing this means 75% of the U.S reserves, and no the worlds. Right?

Otherwise, we're screwed. The U.S is screwed anyways, with only 6.65 years worth of oil left.

This is invisible text!

ssj12 said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
Million said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
bardicverse said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/07/01/ps3s-cell-processor-helps-locate-oil/

Proves the PS3 can do everything. No more oil life ceases to exist.

Ok Rock, I usually let you go with your crazy statements, but explain to me how you came up with the thought that not having oil will stop life.

Modern man is so dependent upon oil that there will be no back up plan if oil was to completely run out. Oil is needed for everything.

I think us running out of oil would pretty much destablise every major economy in the world unless there were some alternative fuel sources.

Alternative fuel source are not efficient enough. It would take too long to develop and mass produce alternate energy source. Wind, solar, thermal, nuclear, hydro-electric, etc lol. Nope

Oil supplies will all be used up within 40 years. 2050 no more oil. Leading up to then the oil price will sky rocket. Nothing can stop that.

Air powered cars arent efficient? 120 miles for one tank of compressed oxygen? or 240 for two. With the cost to fill at about $4 a tank.

Hydrogen fuel cells are another alternative that makes sense due to a near unlimited supply.

*Note: I'm not supporting Rock On's statements*

While I like hydrogen fuel cells as an alternative energy, freeing hydrogen is requires alot of electicity.  So, it isn't that efficient.  All suggested replacements for oil require a fair amount of electricity.  With 85% of our electricity coming from fossil fuels, the problem goes deeper than just oil for cars.

I give this thread a 9.3.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

LongLiveTheBeatles said:
If the cell can locate oil, I wonder if it can locate my car keys?

The cell cannot but rest assured someone can! http://www.them.ws/keys/index.php