By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Cell processor can even locate oil

Oil has to die sometime. PS3 can help speed that process up. If half the world goes with it, well that's certainly our fault for being shortsighted. Let's hope good old human ingenuity comes to the rescue. Many people say some of their best work is done under extreme time constraints.

Around the Network

Now if only the PS3's cell could PRODUCE cheap effective oil it might be worth the sticker price! Zing

No I'm kidding but seriously, why is this useful? To me I mean.. or to any average user.

souixan said:
Now if only the PS3's cell could PRODUCE cheap effective oil it might be worth the sticker price! Zing

No I'm kidding but seriously, why is this useful? To me I mean.. or to any average user.

It's not, it's bunkum. It's a CNN headline. That may be worth a few cents to you.

Rock_on_2008 said:
Million said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
bardicverse said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/07/01/ps3s-cell-processor-helps-locate-oil/

Proves the PS3 can do everything. No more oil life ceases to exist.

Ok Rock, I usually let you go with your crazy statements, but explain to me how you came up with the thought that not having oil will stop life.

Modern man is so dependent upon oil that there will be no back up plan if oil was to completely run out. Oil is needed for everything.

I think us running out of oil would pretty much destablise every major economy in the world unless there were some alternative fuel sources.

Alternative fuel source are not efficient enough. It would take too long to develop and mass produce alternate energy source. Wind, solar, thermal, nuclear, hydro-electric, etc lol. Nope

Oil supplies will all be used up within 40 years. 2050 no more oil. Leading up to then the oil price will sky rocket. Nothing can stop that.

Air powered cars arent efficient? 120 miles for one tank of compressed oxygen? or 240 for two. With the cost to fill at about $4 a tank.

Hydrogen fuel cells are another alternative that makes sense due to a near unlimited supply.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Awesome, first Sony attempts to destroy videogaming, now they're going to help destroy the world! ;)

Around the Network

T3H CELL PAWER!

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

cell owned

I can so see people walking around with it trying to find oil near their house...

Former something....

the cell is gonna get ya!

cell > ps3 as a whole