By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The beyond3d thread of PC graphical loveliness and awesomeness.

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=45986

Main games - Oblivion, Stalker, Crysis plus others. 56k do not want!!!!

Its a thread to show that beyond the awesomeness of PC graphics you can get the extra special sauce to make these games absolutely shine.

No point comparing them to consoles because thats not fair! ^^

So read up if you wanna be impressed. Don't look if you still want to think the HD consoles produce awesome visuals...

Tease.

Around the Network

After the Diablo 3 announcement, I wanted some action RPGing. I threw on Guild Wars, and bought the new Nightfall version of it.

It's not the greatest looking game, but nothing like playing a game at 2560x1600 with the FPS pegged at a constant 60.

TheRealMafoo said:
After the Diablo 3 announcement, I wanted some action RPGing. I threw on Guild Wars, and bought the new Nightfall version of it.

It's not the greatest looking game, but nothing like playing a game at 2560x1600 with the FPS pegged at a constant 60.

Or playing Company of heroes at 1920/1080 on a 53" High def screen.

Or crysis on said screen before playing MGS4 made me wonder about all those 'claims!' ;)

btw, good game?

Tease.

Gah, now I must get UT3 and Stalker... Stupid new computer :)

Squilliam said:

btw, good game?

Guild Wars is a great game if you like Action RPG'ing or PvP. IMO, it's the best RPG PVP ever made.

Over any game I know, it relies more on skill then character build. Requires teamwork in order to win in PvP.

Around the Network
TheRealMafoo said:
Squilliam said:

btw, good game?

Guild Wars is a great game if you like Action RPG'ing or PvP. IMO, it's the best RPG PVP ever made.

Over any game I know, it relies more on skill then character build. Requires teamwork in order to win in PvP.

For the PVP part, nothing beats Age of Conan IMO

Dammit, the site is down or link dont work.

I wanted to see Oblivion awesomeness!

Can someone post the best Oblivion screens here?

Squilliam said:

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=45986

Main games - Oblivion, Stalker, Crysis plus others. 56k do not want!!!!

Its a thread to show that beyond the awesomeness of PC graphics you can get the extra special sauce to make these games absolutely shine.

No point comparing them to consoles because thats not fair! ^^

So read up if you wanna be impressed. Don't look if you still want to think the HD consoles produce awesome visuals...

I know the point is to show off awesome PC graphics, and I wholeheartedly agree that the PC will any day produce something that is better than what a console can make, but until the day where many of the awesome games will be exclusive to the consoles, than I feel that this argument is just silly.

Still though, I would rather have a PC than a console :)

Squilliam said:
TheRealMafoo said:

Or playing Company of heroes at 1920/1080 on a 53" High def screen.

Or crysis on said screen before playing MGS4 made me wonder about all those 'claims!' ;)

btw, good game?

Guild Wars is the only onlinegame that has managed to bring me back from other games so far, and although the PvP is the greatest part of the game, I love the PvE as well.

I can only recommend it ;)

TheRealMafoo ->

How I envy you, I play in a 1024*768, with barely any effects on, and I play with ~30 FPS :(

HD? Whats HD? Is this HD? :D

http://i7.techpowerup.com/reviews/Zotac/GeForce_9800_GTX/images/ut3_2048_1536.gif

(UT3, 2048x1536 16xAF ~50fps with $120 card, I wonder can X360 or PS3 do the same. :) )