By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The beyond3d thread of PC graphical loveliness and awesomeness.

Deneidez said:

HD? Whats HD? Is this HD? :D

http://i7.techpowerup.com/reviews/Zotac/GeForce_9800_GTX/images/ut3_2048_1536.gif

(UT3, 2048x1536 16xAF ~50fps with $120 card, I wonder can X360 or PS3 do the same. :) )

Wait what? Didn't Nvidia just lower the price of the 9800 GTX to 199$ to compete with the Radeon 4850?

Around the Network
Rainbird said:
Deneidez said:

HD? Whats HD? Is this HD? :D

http://i7.techpowerup.com/reviews/Zotac/GeForce_9800_GTX/images/ut3_2048_1536.gif

(UT3, 2048x1536 16xAF ~50fps with $120 card, I wonder can X360 or PS3 do the same. :) )

Wait what? Didn't Nvidia just lower the price of the 9800 GTX to 199$ to compete with the Radeon 4850?

Well, that would be the case, if you would want to get even more graphical power and run UT3 in ~75 fps with those settings. :)

Of course not to mention that I have been gaming at 1280x1024 resolution since 2004. Is that HD? Or was it something like 640p or 720p. :D

I'm on page 8 so far, and whats up with all the stalker photos. Some of the textures look really good once they mod all the files but some of the others still look like shit. But the bump mapping is pretty cool on some of the wall textures. And on page 7 some guy posted a fake screenshot from the 360 oblivion game, i played the game for 95 hours and it blows away the shit he posted. Some of the Crysis shots look pretty good with the mod map they used, that has the new plant/lighting system.

Griffin said:
I'm on page 8 so far, and whats up with all the stalker photos. Some of the textures look really good once they mod all the files but some of the others still look like shit. But the bump mapping is pretty cool on some of the wall textures. And on page 7 some guy posted a fake screenshot from the 360 oblivion game, i played the game for 95 hours and it blows away the shit he posted. Some of the Crysis shots look pretty good with the mod map they used, that has the new plant/lighting system.

Its a pretty awesome thread and it gets better with time as new mods/games are released. There are quite a few stalker images that look amazingly realistic. If you skip to the last 5 pages the quality there is pretty high and they have other games like Mass Effect to show off as well.

Its also a lot of experimentation so some of the images can look worse/the same as the original programs.

Tease.