By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MSFT Game Division - 4Q ending June 2008 - Profit Projections

bumidan said:
@ PooperScooper

Is there a reason(s) why you would want for me to stop posting predictions? I don't get it...

It is a sales related thread - predicting operating income, based on publicly available info.

I would just like to know what your reasons are. No hard feelings.. Be civil please. Thanks.

Nope, but if you are far off my point in the other threads would be proven right. but im going to class now so Ill be back in 3 hours.

Around the Network

I don't remember, but I'll look up your previous posts. See you later.

starcraft said:
Some of those other products probably LOSE money for Microsoft. The Zune for example.

I can't think of a reason Microsoft's profit would be significantly less than last quarter.

Reading mentions to Zune I thought of a musical suggestion to MS to play on it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICiFnQrHOrk

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I'm going to agree with the general consensus and say they'll make between 75 million and 100 million this quarter.

I looked back and saw what you are talking about PooperScooper.

I still think this is the best way to analyze incomplete information.

Like I mentioned before, if you have more accurate numbers, by all means, let us know.

By the way, just to let you know, the assumption (i don't know how to make it red) I used in this prediction is that MSFT MAKES $20 on average per console for the quarter Apr to Jun 2008.

In my other Sony prediction thread, the assumption for PS3 hardware is that Sony LOSES $150 per console for the quarter Apr to Jun 2008.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=31393&start=0

Whether you think those are close of way off, (along with other assumptions), IF THE PREDICTIONS are within the 10% range that you would be satisfied with, then would you AGREE that the assumptions are not that bad??

Around the Network

Let me know what you think PooperScooper when you come back.

Thanks.

bumidan said:
I looked back and saw what you are talking about PooperScooper.

I still think this is the best way to analyze incomplete information.

Like I mentioned before, if you have more accurate numbers, by all means, let us know.

By the way, just to let you know, the assumption (i don't know how to make it red) I used in this prediction is that MSFT MAKES $20 on average per console for the quarter Apr to Jun 2008.

In my other Sony prediction thread, the assumption for PS3 hardware is that Sony LOSES $150 per console for the quarter Apr to Jun 2008.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=31393&start=0

Whether you think those are close of way off, (along with other assumptions), IF THE PREDICTIONS are within the 10% range that you would be satisfied with, then would you AGREE that the assumptions are not that bad??

Okay I'm back. Now I don't mind your predictions. Predicting can be quite fun actually. The thing I about all of this is how you post. I know you aren't trying to make it seem like what I am about to say but bare with me for a bit.

You post numbers and it is all formated and such and some people might stumble on it and take your posts as facts. A lot of people out there don't understand differences between a random guy on the forums assuming things to get certain figures and company approved data that is released.

And the whole reason why I made the assumption all red in the other post is because when people see that word red flags should start going off.

I see your point PooperScooper.

The thing is when I post, it is just plain text most of the time, so it is difficult to highlight everything.

But in the future, I will try harder to make it more clear to people READING the post.
That's the key thing, reading instead of skimming. But that's the nature of forums I suppose.

I do have another thread coming, so stay tuned.

Cheers.

The rest of products within the division as a whole either break even or are dragging the performance down. Heck, when office for mac started turning a profit they moved it to the office division.

As for the results, im going with a moderat profit, around 100 million.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

I'll go with a 50 million profit. No big first party games, continued RROD warranty fixes, moneyhatting other devs, will all drag profit down.