By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How will homosexuality will affect us in the future,Are you happy about it?

.:Dark Prince:. said:
Million said:
Million said:
Million said:
@Million

The difference is that what i do with my sexuality doesn't affect other people, being gay isn't harmful to anyone while being a pedophile or a murderer is harmful to others.

Liking a person of the same sex is not against the human rights, while killing, raping, or any kind of molestation is against the human rights.

I want to have the freedom to love whoever i want, without hurting anyone while the pedophile wants to have the freedom to harm others.

(I can't say what i think about this subject any better even though i have a much more complete view on it because i'm not posting in my native language but whatever.)

For some one who's not posting in their native language that still better than alot of english speakers I know , anyway. "Human Rights" was created by people delegated the power to do so , these so called rights have no real value except that which we give it.

You still ignore my point however , by straying away from traditional values and social norms you also have to accept the consequences that come with it such as your own human rights , if we are to be free of dictatorship and determinism we must choose not to impose our views on others . Homosexual people hate people imposing their own views about other people so why can't peadophiles and raphists do the same ? there is no one in a position to declare what is right and wrong like I said previously.

I don't think homosexuals want to impose their beliefs and views on other people, they just want to live a happy life without being chased by everyone and without harming anyone.

Your statement is contradictory you can't have the later without the later.

How is it contradictory?

Homosexuals have to impose their views on others if they to ever have acceptance/peace.

Definition : To establish or apply as compulsory; levy: impose a tax.

Therfore they cannot "live happies lives without being chased by everyone" without doing so , in order for the homosexual to argue against traditional values and norms i'm guessing they'd argue their freedom to choose what they feel is best for them , what the are entitled to as human beings . I argued in response to this that the peadophile or rapist would equally be entitled to argue his freedom to choose and decide what is best for him , it doesn't matter wether people get hurt from it , freedom.

Define : The condition of being free of restraints.

means that we depart from our traditional values and accept that everyone is entitled to do what they feel is best for them , you can't accept the homosexual man is free to be homosexual yet deny the peadophile the freedom to carry out his own activies unless you accept that we should ony allow  freedom to the extent which is convenient for the majority .

Oh see the fact that i'm not a native speaker got in the way, i thought impose meant something like force.

Well it can and often does mean that.

"How dare you impose your opinion upon me"

I should have taken into consideration it's varying meanings.

Around the Network
Million said:
ssj12 said:
Million said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
People were getting married before religions. There goes your argument.

Regardless , it's a sidepoint but marriage still means a partnership between a man and a woman.

marriage is between those who love eachother. It is not defined by gender.

Regardless of the defintion people , it's far from the main point , my argument is hardly defeated based on this , like I said it was a side point.

lol you were all waiting for me to make an error so you could pounce on me , i'm not a robot you know.

No one is waiting to pounce on you or anyone. I'm jsut defending people's rights to individual freedoms and liberties everyone should be entitled to. There is no prestated or written book that truly stated what each and everyone is allowed or free to do because that would be taking away individual rights. Everyone is born into this world as a free standing human not bound not by law, religion, or abhorrence from anyone. You are free to think and learn. This is why I am proud to be an American and proud to be agnostic. I am free to think and not care if I get questioned on my individual beliefs by anyone.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Kasz216 said:
Million said:
ssj12 said:
Million said:

Regardless , it's a sidepoint but marriage still means a partnership between a man and a woman.

Regardless of the defintion people , it's far from the main point , my argument is hardly defeated based on this , like I said it was a side point.

lol you were all waiting for me to make an error so you could pounce on me , i'm not a robot you know.

You've yet to make a point... I mean... if someone comes up to you and puts a gun to your head.  According to god you are supposed to let him shoot you.

So the whole religious argument is bunk.

Yup , the pretty much kills everything I have to say.

ssj12 said:
Million said:
ssj12 said:
Million said:

No one is waiting to pounce on you or anyone. I'm jsut defending people's rights to individual freedoms and liberties everyone should be entitled to. There is no prestated or written book that truly stated what each and everyone is allowed or free to do because that would be taking away individual rights. Everyone is born into this world as a free standing human not bound not by law, religion, or abhorrence from anyone. You are free to think and learn. This is why I am proud to be an American and proud to be agnostic. I am free to think and not care if I get questioned on my individual beliefs.

So you would agree that the pedophile is free to molest children and the rapist free to do as he pleases?

Million said:
Kasz216 said:
Million said:
ssj12 said:
Million said:

You've yet to make a point... I mean... if someone comes up to you and puts a gun to your head. According to god you are supposed to let him shoot you.

So the whole religious argument is bunk.

Yup , the pretty much kills everything I have to say.

Basically. If laws can't be based on religious doctrine because well the laws themselves go against said doctrine then their is only one thing to do... base it off non religious precedent.

Of which the "No harm" principle is still the best metric... since it's either that or no laws... or an arbitrary system like the one your proposing and the ones we're under right now.

Since we aren't a community of only christians we can't go with the no laws options.  So it's either arbitrary or the "no harm" rule.

The "No Harm" rule works best as it leads to no slide one way or another so long as you keep a simple and non-stupid definition of harm.

Around the Network
Million said:

So you would agree that the pedophile is free to molest children and the rapist free to do as he pleases?

You're just being willfully dense or intentionally obtuse now.

Million said:

Give it up.

Not a single person in this thread has defended rape or pedophilia.

And nobody's going to.

You're just digging your argument's grave when you pull out that illogical slipper slope which doesn't even work here because those HARM OTHERS and being gay DOESN'T.

Million said:

Give it up.

And nobody's going to.

You're just digging your argument's grave when you pull out that illogical slipper slope which doesn't even work here because those HARM OTHERS and being gay DOESN'T.

Of course on the other hand... discriminating against gays does hurt gays... just like discriminating against blacks, Christians, anime fans... etc.

Million said:

Stop comparing homosexuality and rape/pedophilia. There are absolutely no, let me repeat NO, connecting factors between the two.

Gay people are not pedophiles. You know who are? PEDOPHILES! I know this is a hard concept to wrap your head around, but there are far more straight pedophiles than gay. Should we be looking with crossed eyes at every straight person we see? Then why does it make any more sense to do ti your way and go after homosexuals?

Your irrational and borderline Naziesque hatred of people who are different than you, while commonplace amongst religious zealots, is, quite frankly, insulting to the the human populous at large. We get it, you don't like gay people, fine, wonderful! Quit trying to act like they are a) criminals b)less than human or c) abominations in the eyes of god, because you are just hurting your own argument (or lack there of)

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Check out my daily drawings here and help keep me on task!

Million said:

Give it up.

And nobody's going to.

If you read SSJ's point you understand my point.

I think I will give up because you keep on straying away from points I say and make it out like I'm saying something completley different.

I didn't intend the thread to turn into this but then it couldn't really be helped I guess , at  the end of the day your views will remain and unchanged and so will mine so no one really beenfits at all from this.