By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How will homosexuality will affect us in the future,Are you happy about it?

@Million

The difference is that what i do with my sexuality doesn't affect other people, being gay isn't harmful to anyone while being a pedophile or a murderer is harmful to others.

Liking a person of the same sex is not against the human rights, while killing, raping, or any kind of molestation is against the human rights.

I want to have the freedom to love whoever i want, without hurting anyone while the pedophile wants to have the freedom to harm others.

(I can't say what i think about this subject any better even though i have a much more complete view on it because i'm not posting in my native language but whatever.)

Around the Network
Million said:
JustinUK said:
Million said:
My problem with the gay guy saying he wants the freedom to be gay is that we must be equal in saying that the individual such as the Pedophile should also be free to do as he sees right.

Please don't bring up the old gay=pedophile connection. Gay adults wanting equal treatment is not the same as people (straight or gay) wanting to rape children. It's an argument I've heard many times before and I was disgusted by it the first time

For some reason  I can't post outside the quote so i'll post inside . You can't have one without having the other , the freedom to escape our traditional values must be limitless in order for it to be true "freedom" otherwise you'd be imposing your values on others (something which is frowned upon in our western world) Here in the UK we say you do what you feel is best for you and i'll do what I feel is best for me but ironically I can't be fully free to do whats best for me if it limits others.

By saying a pedophile should rape an individual ( however obscene and disgusting the act is ) would be the same as saying homosexuality is good , you can't impose your own morale values upon me and say the two are different because according to our way of life we should be free to define ourselves  , choose what we feel is best and no be dictated to , anything else would be a limitation of our freedom.

My argument is that freedom in the sense of complete freedom to do what we wish isn't generally productive and can't really work in practice , I can't be entirely free to do what I want without limiting the freedom of other people therefore restrictions in our freedom such as not being homosexual or not being a pedophile are necessary for the benefit of us all.

Seriously Million, are you purposely stepping in front of a loaded gun? Honestly you are seriously making no apparent sense and you beliefs are way more twisted then anyone who believes they murdered people because a video game or God made them do it.

The concept of "traditional values" is completely bull in every way. There is no set standard for traditional values. Some people seem to believe the so called traditional value is society based but considering society's beliefs are ever changing there can be no standard set of values to be considered truly traditional.

Values are a set belief among a single individual. One's values stand along side one's morals to judge situations. Like you said, we are free to define ourselves which our values and morals sculp into who we are.

Morality is the deciding factor when it comes to what pedophiles do. Morals are set choices that make it so these people do what they do. Pedophiles and homosexuals should not be compared because each "group" as your putting it have different values.

Homosexuals know it is wrong to do what pedos do so their individual values make it so that they morally never walk down that path.

Frankly your entire argument is wrong in everyway and basically shows the same hate that Hitler showed towards the Jewish faith during the holocaust.

If you look at your argument, it basically makes it seem that your personal individual values would make it so that you believe what Hitler did was completely correct in every way and no one should have stopped him.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Million said:

But your already deciding a condition for doing "whatever" you want , that isn't freedom , tha's you imposing your values on other people (i'm not saying that's wrong but it's quite contradictary). What makes you any more correct than the pedophile or the murder who sais " I feel it's ok to assult , rape , kill" , we Studied Sartre and he argued without god there are no aprior ( before experience values ) therfore the thief would be just a justified in his actions as the Docotor or Priest .Because there is no objective, supernatural being to determine beforehand what is good or bad ( according to Sartre ) we subjective beings are all justified in what ever we choose because "unjustified" hasn't been established.

People claim they want to depart from traditional views and values for the sake of their freedom or liberty but won't accept the full consequences of doing so.

Sartre constructed a philosophy to rationize his cowardice. It's a shame you didn't study Socrates.

Fernando said:
kopstudent89 said:
i believe homosexuality is a psychological thing that develops, no i dont think u r born gay. And also i consider myslef religious, and i dont like it. And when ur in a society that doesnt approve of it-though its becoming more acceptable- it affects your beliefs. To be honest i can't stand someone being or acting gay in front of me

What I can't stand is how people in TV feels proud of declaring that they are gay or TV shows that applaud homosexuality like the L Word TV show or dating shows like Next or that kind of shows with homosexual people.

The L Word is creepy.  I'll give you that.

.:Dark Prince:. said:
@Million

The difference is that what i do with my sexuality doesn't affect other people, being gay isn't harmful to anyone while being a pedophile or a murderer is harmful to others.

Liking a person of the same sex is not against the human rights, while killing, raping, or any kind of molestation is against the human rights.

I want to have the freedom to love whoever i want, without hurting anyone while the pedophile wants to have the freedom to harm others.

(I can't say what i think about this subject any better even though i have a much more complete view on it because i'm not posting in my native language but whatever.)

For some one who's not posting in their native language that still better than alot of english speakers I know , anyway. "Human Rights" was created by people delegated the power to do so , these so called rights have no real value except that which we give it.

You still ignore my point however , by straying away from traditional values and social norms you also have to accept the consequences that come with it such as your own human rights , if we are to be free of dictatorship and determinism we must choose not to impose our views on others . Homosexual people hate people imposing their own views about other people so why can't peadophiles and raphists do the same ? there is no one in a position to declare what is right and wrong like I said previously.

Around the Network

Having lived in NYC for the first 30 years of my life, there's quite a gay population, and they don't bother me nor really affect me. Its no different from any other stranger out there. Sure, they affect me by burning gas, pollution, etc just like everyone else. Their sexual choice never impacted me and likely never will.

I'd be much more concerned with the alarming rate of which pedos are popping up, dangerous for the country and our society overall

it don't bother me at all, no problems here.

End of 2008 Sales:

Wii- 39 Million 360- 25Million PS3- 22 Million

PSN: papasmurf5721

Million said:
.:Dark Prince:. said:
@Million

For some one who's not posting in their native language that still better than alot of english speakers I know , anyway. "Human Rights" was created by people delegated the power to do so , these so called rights have no real value except that which we give it.

You still ignore my point however , by straying away from traditional values and social norms you also have to accept the consequences that come with it such as your own human rights , if we are to be free of dictatorship and determinism we must choose not to impose our views on others . Homosexual people hate people imposing their own views about other people so why can't peadophiles and raphists do the same ? there is no one in a position to declare what is right and wrong like I said previously.

I don't think homosexuals want to impose their beliefs and views on other people, they just want to live a happy life without being chased by everyone and without harming anyone.

It has not been proven whether or not homosexuality is biological or not. However, if it isn't, it isn't as simple as just "choosing" to be homosexual, the idea is that homosexuality happens because of people's upbringings.

Being gay: victimless
Having gay sex: victimless
Dressing gay: victimless
Acting gay: victimless
Talking gay: victimless
Gay people adopting straight kids: victimless
Gayness on TV: victimless

Rape: HAS A VICTIM
Pedophilia: HAS A VICTIM

Consenting adults should be allowed to do whatever the fuck they want.

People should not be allowed to do anything to other people without consent.

Government shouldn't legislate morality. It should be legal to consent to anything and illegal to do anything to others without consent. And anything you do alone should be legal too.

Comparing anything to pedophilia just makes you a wacko. It's in a league of its own.