By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - StarCraft II isn't happening in 2008

Euphoria14 said:
pichu_pichu said:
GOTY 2009?

Diablo III GOTY 2009!!!

ROFL. I will bet any sum of money that you can afford to pay that Diablo 3 won't make it out in 2009. I don't know why anyone expected SC2 this year. Blizzard takes a long long long time making a game. The wait is always worth it of course, but I do hate their game announcements a bit because it means the game is years off still.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network
Gnizmo said:
Euphoria14 said:
pichu_pichu said:
GOTY 2009?

Diablo III GOTY 2009!!!

ROFL. I will bet any sum of money that you can afford to pay that Diablo 3 won't make it out in 2009. I don't know why anyone expected SC2 this year. Blizzard takes a long long long time making a game. The wait is always worth it of course, but I do hate their game announcements a bit because it means the game is years off still.

Same with SC2, D3 is also said to be 1/3rd complete, so what makes it not possible?

I know it is probably wishful thinking, but hey, I can dream can't I?

Worst case.... Diablo III GOTY 2010!!!

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

damn but predictable. Blizzard takes huge amounts of time finetuning the balancing.

Euphoria14 said:

Same with SC2, D3 is also said to be 1/3rd complete, so what makes it not possible?

I know it is probably wishful thinking, but hey, I can dream can't I?

Worst case.... Diablo III GOTY 2010!!!

Because Blizzard announced it this year. I don't care how far along in development they claim to be, they will take their sweet time making a game. They didn't have a reason to rush development before WoW startted giving them billions of dollars in revenue every month. And no, your worst case scenario is 2011 or 2012. They take a long long long time to finish a game. Once it is 100% perfectly playable by almost any other developers standard they will start their final round of bug testing and release it 4-5 months later.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

For financial reasons I highly doubt Blizzard would release both SC2 and D3 in the same fiscal year.
So my guess is SC2 2009, D3 2010.

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

At least we know that the games are on there way. I would rather be able to go to their website and know that it is being worked on that to just speculate.

Ail said:
For financial reasons I highly doubt Blizzard would release both SC2 and D3 in the same fiscal year.
So my guess is SC2 2009, D3 2010.

2009- SC2

2010-D3

2011- SC2:??? (xpac)

2012- D3:??? (xpac)

Thats my guess at Blizzard's next few years (not to mention WoW xpacs and... WoW2?)

Games I am looking forward to:

PC: Diablo III, Fallout III, Stacraft 2, Spore, Empire: Total War, American McGee's Grimm

360: Madden 09, Fable 2, Left 4 Dead, Blood Bowl

“Go ask [Blizzard president] Rob Pardo if PC gaming is dead – if he can take the time out from making money hats, I’m sure he’ll give you a really eloquent explanation of why probably the most valuable entertainment franchise of the moment is PC-specific.” - Gabe Newell

Expansions usually come the following year because a lot of it is usually stuff that got cut for one reason or another. And with WoW over 10 million and climbing, don't be expecting WoW2 for a long time. Blizzard could lose 10% of their player base every year for the next 5 years and still be the market leader.

cwbys21 said:
Expansions usually come the following year because a lot of it is usually stuff that got cut for one reason or another. And with WoW over 10 million and climbing, don't be expecting WoW2 for a long time. Blizzard could lose 10% of their player base every year for the next 5 years and still be the market leader.

This. Blizzard's release list would be more like:

2008 - World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King

2009 - Starcraft 2

2010 - Diablo 3, Starcraft 2 Expansion

2011 - Diablo 3 Expansion

Ofcourse we could still add 1 or 2 WoW expansions there too, but nothing's been announced yet, apart from the Wrath of the Lich King. There might also be an announcement of a new game before 2011, especially since we don't know what that Evil Penguin image that Blizzard teased was about (a new Ip?)

Anyway, the good news we will atleast see 1 Blizzard title being released every year.

They probably put the flag at half staff when they heard this news in Korea.