By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rock Band 2 timed exclusive for xbox360

Godot said:
let's not forget the PS2 which had the best sales for both franchises so far

Actually RB sold much much better on the 360.  Makes sense as I figure most of the PS2 sales for GH were people who wanted to keep using their old guitars but since you would have to buy new ones for RB it seemed pointless unless you only had a PS2 or planned on upgrading to PS3 specifically.  Actually according to VGC the PS3 version even beat out the PS2 sales and i'd be shocked if Wii doesn't also beat it considering how well it did on GH3.

I still expect PS2 to win Aerosmith but I think there's a good chance 360 and/or Wii could beat out PS2 for WT since some of the instruments are new and even the guitars you'll need a new one to use all the features so people would be more likely to make an investment with a newer console that is guaranteed to keep having software support for several years.

Around the Network
azrm2k said:
Godot said:
let's not forget the PS2 which had the best sales for both franchises so far

Actually RB sold much much better on the 360.  Makes sense as I figure most of the PS2 sales for GH were people who wanted to keep using their old guitars but since you would have to buy new ones for RB it seemed pointless unless you only had a PS2 or planned on upgrading to PS3 specifically.  Actually according to VGC the PS3 version even beat out the PS2 sales and i'd be shocked if Wii doesn't also beat it considering how well it did on GH3.

I still expect PS2 to win Aerosmith but I think there's a good chance 360 and/or Wii could beat out PS2 for WT since some of the instruments are new and even the guitars you'll need a new one to use all the features so people would be more likely to make an investment with a newer console that is guaranteed to keep having software support for several years.

I knew that Rock Band might have sold less on PS2 but was to lazy to check it out. Oh well, I also think PS2 will win Aerosmith. I also think GH:WT has a pretty good chance of selling more on the Wii because Rock Band Wii version sucks, GH3 owners will want a complete band and GH:WT is not a gimped version/port. Also, that Rock Band timed exclusivity shows that MTV will fight more agressively over Rock Band on the 360.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

i only play GH2 and i like it and now i think of buying Rock Band cuz its have a high score & thats enough reason for me.

*bleu-ocelot* said:
Another M$ purchase.Their wallet is big indeed.

Its easy when you have a virtual market on the software market.

"Like you know"

Who needs rockband when you have gh:Wt.

Around the Network

Wow, I can't believe this thread is seeing this much action.

JaggedSac said:
Wow, I can't believe this thread is seeing this much action.

Why not ... the game is important for some guys.

For all the fanboys arguing over which franchise is better (I don't really care) can anyone tell me what exactly isin Rock Band 2 that would make people go out and buy it if they already have the first?

Personally this feels to me like conceding to the competition. They could steal ground from GH but this timed exclusive thing just hurts any chance they have now. Judging by GH sales, people have no problem running out and buying one every 6 months, but would RB2 do the same?

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
For all the fanboys arguing over which franchise is better (I don't really care) can anyone tell me what exactly isin Rock Band 2 that would make people go out and buy it if they already have the first?

Personally this feels to me like conceding to the competition. They could steal ground from GH but this timed exclusive thing just hurts any chance they have now. Judging by GH sales, people have no problem running out and buying one every 6 months, but would RB2 do the same?

I sold GH3 due to all the instruments/group play of Rock Band.  And I love Rock Band but I feel I may have been better off staying with GH3 and picking up GH4.  RB2 is beating GH4 to the market, but we don't know of any improvements being made for RB2?  GH4 will own RB1.  If RB is content with releasing the same game w/ different songs it is all over for them.  The Wii version shows me they are more concerned with getting to the market than actually producing quality.

I fail to see why this matters really. I mean what needs to be added to Rock band since you can buy the same DLC songs? Are they going to add a dedicated 5th slot just for tambourine and cowbell? Even if it was coming at the same time to the PS3, since I already own Rock Band and the instruments what would possess me to buy rock band 2?

As to Guitar Hero 4 thats just a very silly rip off and there is no way ever I'd buy another guitar hero game after 3 sucked ass and Rock Band came out. I see nothing in GH4 that makes me want to buy it over rock band and I can't even use the instruments I already paid 200 dollars for, no thanks.

To me, unless huge features are added, the separation of new songs from new releases (which was the reason to get guitar hero 1 AND 2, the extra songs) it really makes no sense to buy yearly updates with marginal improvements. 

Now, as always, I'm sort of torn by the "who's a bigger douche" contest EA and Activision have going.  One one hand I hate Activision for ripping off Harmonix's ideas and being a dick about guitar compatibility, but on the other hand I hate EA/Harmonix for being a dick about releasing a "timed exclusive" 360 version.  Proof once again that when consolidation happens, everyone loses.  Either way though I doubt anyone will be crying they can't get Rockband 2 unless there's some super amazing addition they could do that I can't think of.  Unlike with the 360, there's other good games to play on the PS3 through the end of the year.

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me