By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - which time we will see PC technology reach its limit ?

probably never, with electron based hard disks in R&D and quantum computers becoming a reality there is really no end. The thing is that PC hardware will just slow down to minor increases in performance for a few years till improvements in manufacturing and hardware balance with cost again.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

they will never cap, that is one tech that defines all the rest

everything have a limit.

NNN2004 said:
everything have a limit.

true. but imo our civilization (and possibly even the universe) will end before we find a limit so fundamental there is no way around it. (remember, this is my opinion)

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

When they can't put MORE transistors into the die, they'll just spend much more time trying to use what they have more efficiently anyway. Theres probably conservatively about a 200% performance boost available on the current process just from using the best design possible not just a multipurpose design filled with legacy stuff.

Tease.

Around the Network

I remember when someone told me tha I should get a Pentium 1, 100mhz, as it was all the CPU power a computer would ever, ever need.

Times change, no?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Computers will stop advancing when civilization stops so as long as we dont nuke ourselves to hell we will be ok.

It may not look the same in 100 years... say a gaming computers able to hold 1 yottabytes of data that can run the most intense games we have yet to see in a chasis the size of a grain of rice won as a toy in a cracker jack box... but otherwise its does the same thing.

mrstickball said:
I remember when someone told me tha I should get a Pentium 1, 100mhz, as it was all the CPU power a computer would ever, ever need.

Times change, no?

what did Bill Gates say... like 256mbs is all anyone would ever need or some amount of space less then that.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453