By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears of War 2 will be the greatest game of all time?

Cracksmoke said:
Strategyking92 said:
are you being a troll? or do you really like the 360 THAT much, I really can't tell x.x

Really, everyone knows halo 3 is not the greatest game of all time.... that honor goes to the first call of duty. The stalingrad level still has me remembering it.

wth why can't I like 360?

Since even people who love their 360 admit that Halo 3 is not that great....

Former something....

Around the Network

This sounds strangely familiar .....

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=31028

na the formatting is diff

Cracksmoke said:

Gears of War 2 looks like it will be the gratest game of all time IMO. It just LOOK SOOOO much better then the first one. I hear they have added new features like new guns and Ammo. Yep Gears of war 2 will take the crown from Halo 3 as best game of all time.

Damn... that would have sucked if they didn't give you ammo for those weapons...

Gears 2 will look great in my PC games collection, still need to get Gears 1 though...

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
Blacksaber said:
Cracksmoke said:
Strategyking92 said:
are you being a troll? or do you really like the 360 THAT much, I really can't tell x.x

Really, everyone knows halo 3 is not the greatest game of all time.... that honor goes to the first call of duty. The stalingrad level still has me remembering it.

wth why can't I like 360?

Since even people who love their 360 admit that Halo 3 is not that great....

Whoa whoa whoa. I didn't say it wasn't great, just that it wasn't the greatest.

Single player= confusing and disapointing, a cluster****

multiplayer= slow, but well balanced and extremely fun with the voice chat.

10/10  (that may seem like a flawed score, but the multiplayer is that fun and there is forge and theatre mode)

Anyway, cracksmoke: Only 11% of vgchartz prefers the xbox360. You have to fear the worst because of the number of fanboys against it. Like those people with the rrod avatars.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

PooperScooper said:
Cracksmoke said:

Gears of War 2 looks like it will be the gratest game of all time IMO. It just LOOK SOOOO much better then the first one. I hear they have added new features like new guns and Ammo. Yep Gears of war 2 will take the crown from Halo 3 as best game of all time.

Damn... that would have sucked if they didn't give you ammo for those weapons...

That would be funny if a game gave you a crazzy gun with no ammo in the game...

Former something....

halo 3 is overrated buddy, gears 2 does look great though only game i'm interested in on the 360.

End of 2008 Sales:

Wii- 39 Million 360- 25Million PS3- 22 Million

PSN: papasmurf5721

Everyone, I'm pretty sure this guy isn't for real.

Seriously? Halo 3 was at its BEST.... ok. I was in line at midnight to pick it up and after beating it in ONE sit down with my friends I spent a week playing it. Its sat on my shelf ever since.

No knock against you for liking it, but to say its the greatest game ever is just silly, especially with games like Call of Duty, Call of Duty 4, Xenogears, X-COM, Orciana of Time, Counter Strike, Diablo and GoldenEye knocking on your door asking to have a word with you.

GeOW2 looks to just be more of the same, which isnt bad per se, but its not great either, the first one was, in my opinion only as highly regarded as it was because it was possibly the first true "next gen" game to hit the market. It was pretty, but bland to look at, it was solid, but short and had as near to zero as you could get when it came to a story.

Straight up, and I think I might get crucified for this, Call of Duty 4 is a superior game, straight up.

But I digress, I would be amazingly suprised to see GeOW2 appear on ANY publishers game of the year spot. Or even in any top threes. MGS4, GTAIV, Fallout 3, LittleBigPlanet, Resistance 2 and I think the dark horse Left 4 Dead will all in my opinion be better.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"