By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What's the probability of a 360 price cut this year?

All things considered, what do you think is the probability that the 360 will get a price cut this year?

I'll say 60% 95% (changed after announcement of the PS3's price cut).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

100%. With all the price cutting measures MS has or is taking when it comes to manufacturing, I just cannot foresee them not reducing the price. The only question to me is how much the price cut will be. I think the price cut should be $100. A price cut will allow MS to keep better pace with Wii sales and break Sony's back at the same time.

While a price cut for the 360 would not surprise me, I don't think it needs one to succeed during the holidays.

95%

If Microsoft wants to "take control" of the HD side of the American and European market they need a price cut because there are only so many people who are willing to spend $400 on a console. At the same time reducing the price of the system and certain accessories (*Cough* HD-DVD Player: $99 *Cough*) could presure Sony into a price cut they simply can not afford; most companies have trouble marketing their platform (or producing games for a platform) when they're bleeding money.

100%

MS will deliver a fatal blow to sony, after all who would want to waste this opportunity??

Around the Network

I'd say definitely this year. The latest would be November, right before the holidays. Perhaps before Black Friday.

i say this year too before halo 3( og god its so close). is there anyone one else getting the Legendary edition? Also Bioshock( My game of the year), and surprisingly Splinter Cell 5 looks good but MGS4 looks better. The price cut by $100

I think its coming as well, I´ll give it a 80% chance, today after reading that Microsoft is trying to go tward a 200$ core model

http://www.megagames.com/news/html/console/xbox360tocutpriceandfollowwii.shtml

the same side quoted direktor of product management David Hufford that it will not come before X-mas

http://www.megagames.com/news/html/console/nopricecutsforxbox360.shtm

still they remark that microsoft might be trying to stop rumors so the current sales don´t suffer, in my opinion it is very likely that more denial means a price drop is more likely, the big question is will MS be greedy and wait till Sony dropps the price or will they try do take some money loss in order to put Sony between a rock and a hard place, since MS usually goes for the long term win a price drop is highly possible in my opinion.

Only if Sony Does it first.
75%.

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Yeah. MS and Sonly are seeing who blinks first. Meanwhile, the Wii just passes them both by...