By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - People who say that Gran Turismo 5 will sell 10 million...

how is that logical ils411? GT3 is the best selling GT and it came out early in the ps2's life cycle and didn't stay on shelves until yesterday when it got to 120 million, it was taken off several years ago.

Around the Network
cwbys21 said:
how is that logical ils411? GT3 is the best selling GT and it came out early in the ps2's life cycle and didn't stay on shelves until yesterday when it got to 120 million, it was taken off several years ago.

thats the point, "someone" was trying to point out that gt5 will not sell as well as gt3 due to the difference in user base of the ps2 and the ps3. that logic is flawed, as i pointed out that the ps2 is at 120m and was launched 8 years ago while the ps3 is at 13m and is barely 2 years old.

as you pointed out, gt3 came out early in the ps2's life cycle and is also the first gt title to be released on the ps2. gt5 will also be releasing in the in the ps3's 3rd year and will also be the 1st full gt title to be released on the system. which is why i beileve that gt5 can potentially sell well over 10m copies in its life time.

edit: well, not sell as well as gt3 but not reach 10m...

grand turismo 5

will be one of the greatest ever games made, its a surefied system seller and will sell 10 million copies

ps. thats a nice little trolling post btw.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:

grand turismo 5

will be one of the greatest ever games made, its a surefied system seller and will sell 10 million copies

lets just hope for over 2.6 million on day 1, then there might be a chance

jerseyboy609 said:
Skeeuk said:

grand turismo 5

I'm failing to see the logic behind you post.

Around the Network
ils411 said:
cwbys21 said:

thats the point, "someone" was trying to point out that gt5 will not sell as well as gt3 due to the difference in user base of the ps2 and the ps3. that logic is flawed, as i pointed out that the ps2 is at 120m and was launched 8 years ago while the ps3 is at 13m and is barely 2 years old.

as you pointed out, gt3 came out early in the ps2's life cycle and is also the first gt title to be released on the ps2. gt5 will also be releasing in the in the ps3's 3rd year and will also be the 1st full gt title to be released on the system. which is why i beileve that gt5 can potentially sell well over 10m copies in its life time.

edit: well, not sell as well as gt3 but not reach 10m...

don't know what I was thinking there, maybe I thought you were agree with the person you quoted or something.  I really need to stop coming to this site so late at night.

jerseyboy609 said:

are going straight to HELL!! no such thing as hell

1. That means that it will outsell halo 3 your point is? GT3 outsold Halo GT4 outsold Halo 2

2. By the time this game comes out, PS3 install base will be around 30 million more than enough to have a game sell 10m copies (Halo 3 may well sell 10m on a 360 install base of 30m)

3. The marketshare has been divided up because of games like forza 2 and 3 as well. dont kid yourself, nothing can match the popularity of GT when it comes to driving games, GT5:P has sold 2.5m and is only a preview of the game)

4. There is not one game on PS3 that sold over 5 million yet, 10 milion might be farfetch'd. GTA will almost certainly reach 5m as im sure will other PS3 games in the future as its install base grows

5. The American crowd is definitely not in Sony's favor in this situation true, but america is not the only territory and despite what you have said the PS3 has sold 5m there already

So, just tell me how you guys feel. done

Million said:
jerseyboy609 said:
Skeeuk said:

grand turismo 5

Look, I would like to see it sell 10 million, but I dont think it will

jerseyboy609 said:
Million said:
jerseyboy609 said:
Skeeuk said:

grand turismo 5

Look, I would like to see it sell 10 million, but I dont think it will

I just dont think that the Install base will be that High for it to sell 10mil

Well I agree with the OP. There's no way in heck the game's gonna sell that much, much has changed since the times of the previous incarnations of the series..

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046