By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Wii is as powerful as original Xbox," says FIFA dev

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=25781

ahh.

Around the Network

Nobody cares anymore about how weak the Wii is. There is a reason why its cost less then the others.

Yojimbo said:
Nobody cares anymore about how weak the Wii is. There is a reason why its cost less then the others.

yet many on here deny its weak hardware.

Blue3 said:
Yojimbo said:

yet many on here deny its weak hardware.

...such as? 

I find it amusing that this post made to attack the Wii is actually a developer praising it, yet stating what everybody always knew - the Wii is by far the least powerful current gen console.

Around the Network

its not all negative tho ;)

he did say

===========================================================
Tschirner went on to observe that he has found the Wii "very straightforward to write code for", adding, "I think from a creative point of view it's been awesome working on this platform because there's obviously stuff we couldn't do before."

He also praised Nintendo for attempting to broaden the market with the Wii by appealing to people who don't normally play games.

"That's a bit of a philosophy that we wanted to get into this game as well - that people don't have to be afraid of finding the control scheme overwhelming or overly demanding," Tschirner explained.
===========================================================

Wii number: 2758-1649-6225-4782

Click here to level up my license!

Its pretty disturbing that Nintendo is selling the console at such high price when you look at the hardware. Its not like people care about such things, but still they are too greedy :D

They need to get money from development back
if they were charging $100 each for em. I bet there would be bigger shortages than there currently are

Wii number: 2758-1649-6225-4782

Click here to level up my license!

Well this disproves the whole 'Developer will praise the console he is making it for to the max thing'

But I think everyone knew the Wii is the weakest of the 3 new consoles.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Yojimbo said:
Its pretty disturbing that Nintendo is selling the console at such high price when you look at the hardware. Its not like people care about such things, but still they are too greedy :D

That's like saying Sony is generous to subsidize 240+USD per PS3!

It's all part of each company's marketing strategy and so far, high price or not, it is the Wii that is making a killing, while the PS3, sold at a "pittance" in terms of the hardware packed inside, is hardly moving at all.

Price does not equal perceived value. For most people, the Wii is an outstanding value. The PS3 is not. The sales charts say it all.