By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Edge: Ninja Gaiden II walks all over DMC 4 and God of War

I can't say anything that Zen didn't already say much better so I hereby nominate him for the poster of the thread award.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection
Around the Network
Kratos said:
Yup should not have used that list, Halo 3 better than MGS4 is just bogus.

Sorry guys :P ignore my according to gamerankings post.

But in my opnion GOW>NG>DMC
Oh i thought the combo system was excellent in God of War 2, its very well done that you can keep making combo's while switching to magic or a other weapons. When you use magic in NG it feels slow to be honest, its the same with switching weapons.

ANd i feel that god of war is faster paced in my opinion.
You have to be joking. GOW faster. Oh dear. After playing NG2 GOW and DMC feel like a dvd on slo mo. Seriously that comment has no substance lets see some video footage shall we? The combat is the most important part of these games and NG2 is head and shoulders above the rest.
God of War 2

And Ninja Gaiden 2

As you can see there is no comparison, NG2 is so much faster and has way more combos as well as finishing moves. I have finished both recently and it was easily clear to me.

NG2 is better then air.

@selnor: Yeah seriously... When people claim things like GoW is faster than NG, it's hard to take them seriously. Seems to me like NG is close to the point where your reflexes are tested to the max.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Microsoft dirty dealings?

Around the Network
NJ5 said:

@selnor: Yeah seriously... When people claim things like GoW is faster than NG, it's hard to take them seriously. Seems to me like NG is close to the point where your reflexes are tested to the max.

Yeah. At least use the story as the arguement. Cos NG2 wins everything elses.

Also the camera got some stick, but did you notice in the videos how much better it felt closer to the action? NG2's camera comes close and gives you a feeling of action. Wheras others in the genre not just GOW are further out and give less impact. I thumbs up Tecmo for the balls o put the camera that close and considering that, the camera was excellent.

Is it really fair to compare NG2 to GOW2? GOW2 is a last gen game...

Anyways I love both series. I've never played DMC so I have no opinion on that series. I love the puzzle aspects and the story in GOW, and I love the crazy platforming moves and combos in NG.

They both have their benefits. Really all it comes down to is personal taste. There will never be an agreement between everyone because people have different tastes. Seeing threads like this always confuse me. Why are people so bent on proving that one series/game is better than the other? That's not even something you can prove, unless you both have the exact same standards.

wfz said:

Anyways I love both series. I've never played DMC so I have no opinion on that series. I love the puzzle aspects and the story in GOW, and I love the crazy platforming moves and combos in NG.

They both have their benefits. Really all it comes down to is personal taste. There will never be an agreement between everyone because people have different tastes. Seeing threads like this always confuse me. Why are people so bent on proving that one series/game is better than the other? That's not even something you can prove, unless you both have the exact same standards.

I agree, but only when people compare games from different genres. GOW and NG are from the exact same genre. Above everything the combat is the most important part. (considering it's like 80 % of the game.)

wfz said:

You don't really need to compare games in different gens, comparing Ninja Gaiden Black (Xbox) to GOW2 would give the same result since the combat systems, speed and difficulty have the same differences.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Selnor, I'm sure combat is the most important part, but it is very possible that people will like the pacing and combat style of GOW more than NG. How good the combat is is really subjective. Again though, if you have the exact same standards and tastes then you can compare, but I don't see how you can accurately compare without that basis.

NJ5, alright I didn't know. I've only played NG2 on my friend's 360. Either way I think my point still stands, you can't compare the two unless you have common standards and tastes.