By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Frustrated with acitivison - call of duty 5 set in war!

Hi, guys I just wanted to say that I am a bit frustrated with Activision for making Call of duty 5 set in war II, don't get me wrong I enjoy playing war games. I've played games such as cod3 and medal of airborne and with brother in arms hell's high way on the horizon, I think we will have to many war games. What I don't understand is why Activision decided to revert back to the war theme, cod4 modern warfare is without the best shooter game which put the franchise back on top cod3 was a great game but nothing special. with cod4 sales surpassing the 10m mark, the reason behind the success of cod4 is quite simply that its an excellent game and because of that sales remained strong. My theory is that the reason they went back to the war theme is because cod4 raised the bar so in terms of multiplayer and story that they could not surpass it, also ifinity ward wont be making cod5 which is not a good sign.  cod4 is a game thatwill lasts  for a long time its that good and i think that when cod5  comes out people will still be playing cod4. what do you guys think? was it a smart move to revert back to the war theme? leave your comments and thoughts.

Around the Network

"Call of Duty 5 set in war" ?... oh yeah, i forgot all the other ones were based in Disneyland.

I think he means WWII

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

DAMN THE MADNESS! When will they have a military strategy shooter set in PEACE!

NO WAR FOR WARGAMES!
NO WAR FOR WARGAMES!
NO WAR FOR WARGAMES!
NO WAR FOR WARGAMES!

misterd said:

NO WAR FOR WARGAMES!
NO WAR FOR WARGAMES!
NO WAR FOR WARGAMES!
NO WAR FOR WARGAMES!

A hippie COD would be so awesome. 6 hours of protesting, doing drugs, and sexual experimentation. The online multiplayer would be epic.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

The_vagabond7 said:
misterd said:

NO WAR FOR WARGAMES!
NO WAR FOR WARGAMES!
NO WAR FOR WARGAMES!
NO WAR FOR WARGAMES!

A hippie COD would be so awesome. 6 hours of protesting, doing drugs, and sexual experimentation. The online multiplayer would be epic.

I agree... the first FPS with no guns... that sounds sweet

Around the Network

Paragraphs. Got to love the avatar of course!

Anyway... yes we are disapointed that activision took it back to WWII, but most people are just waiting for IW's next game

I think part of the reason is that COD5 was in development before COD4 was even released. Scrapping months of work, doesn't go over well with the company, let alone the programmers.

I am just as disappointed at the WWII theme again, but with overlapping development it makes it difficult.

The beginning of this thread is full of win

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Jessman said:

"Call of Duty 5 set in war" ?... oh yeah, i forgot all the other ones were based in Disneyland.

........... to the war theme? Hasn't there always been a war theme?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive