By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii 30 million or xbox360 20 million what will happen first

How many Wii consoles are moving with the SSBB launch in Others?

Around the Network

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

If the sales remain the EXACT same as they were this week for the next 6 weeks, then it'll be really close. However I think Wii sales will jump up and down and 360 will remain relatively constant, so the 360 will get to 20 in 5 weeks.

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

WiiStation360 said:

Not too many, most of the european nintendo-fanboys have their wii already and SSBB does not interest any other gamers.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
Sigh, Xbox360 due to the price cut and the Wii isn't outselling it more than 3-1

I think you need to take a remedial math course.

Kurakasa said:
WiiStation360 said:

Not too many, most of the european nintendo-fanboys have their wii already and SSBB does not interest any other gamers.

This is defintiely an example of trolling.

Anyways we have no idea but I would imagine a very modest jump in sales or maybe a little higher depending on shipment allotments and allocataions ie if they ship more to places that have higher sellthrough.

Back on topic.

The fastest(400K a week) it will take the Wii to hit 30 milllion is 5 weeks the 360 should be close or past 20 million in 5 weeks(120K a week)

The x360 because the wii is selling roughly 3X the 360. At that rate, the 360 will sell 0.6 mil before the Wii sells 2mil. Things may be thrown off course if the wii suddenly meets demand or the 360 gets a price cut.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

The Wii needs to sell just over 3x as many as the 360 to meet its goal, and it did that this week. Could go either way. I'll guess 360. But then the Wii will hit 60 million before the 360 hits 30 million.

The 360, simply because of what nintendo will say at e3.

mM