By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor!!! MS teams up with Samsung to offer Xbox 360 TV's

This idea is ridiculous, what if it breaks? or you just want to take your 360 with you on vacation? Samsung profits from Blu-ray being on the market, the 360 is anti blu-ray and M$ is pushing for digital media now. There is no reason at all for this to happen.

Around the Network

The price has to be higher, otherwise someone is losing a lot of money. Higher price would make most people just buy the TV on its own for cheaper.

If this does happen, I don't see it making any big difference.

Jessman said:
That is a very good idea, i'd for one buy one for my cousin.

*Waits for a Fanboy to say LOL TV RROD*

well, it's not really Xbox BUILT in...

if it is... (even as a Bestbuy employee), I can finally tell a customer with honest heart that getting the service plan is absolutely essential!

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Sounds kind cool.

I've been waiting for sony to put a ps3 in a tv for a long time. I guess microsoft got there first. I hope this is true as if marketed correctly it could add quite a nice amount of sales.

Around the Network

This rumor of MS letting another company(ies) make 360 as part of HDTV or Blu-ray unit seems to keep coming up.

If this does come, and I hope it does - how does ioi (or anyone) track that?? Any what would this do to the 360's esteemed attached rate? That'd likely drop off as this would move it more into the mainstream market.

thats seems like a good idea

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

jman8 said:
Interesting concept, but I don't know why people think this would make the 360 much more popular. How big is the Samsung HDTV market? Not very.

You can't possibly be serious.   First of all, Samsung sells a HUGE amount of HDTVs.  Now that HDTV is finally catching on, Samsung has become known for making affordable HDTVs that look more expensive than they really are.  Even my parents knew that when they were shopping for one, and they are not techies at all.  In fact, Samsung has broken into the PC monitor business pretty successfully as well.  Samsung's TVs look fancy with the glossy black finishes and sleek lines, but tend to cost less than similar models.  Yes, lots of other companies do that too, but Samsung is considered a reliable brand and some of the other ones aren't.

Anyway, say this rumor turns out to be true.  Microsoft would never cut this kind of deal with a company that doesn't sell lots of TVs.  To suggest otherwise is absolutely ignorant.

Jessman said:
That is a very good idea, i'd for one buy one for my cousin.

*Waits for a Fanboy to say LOL TV RROD*

I wasn't thinking that at all, but that's a good point lol what if that happened. It would be a pain to be tvless while its fixed since it would be built in.

B

First off who says it will be circuit integrated into the tv itself, think people, it will be a normal xbox with a special case that mounts to the back of the flatscreen with two hooks, then they make a wider footprint for the tv so it doesn't fall from TV stands and feature the 360 at the center of the design with an extended hook design for wall hanging.

Of course this assumes this is even real...

Kickin' Those Games Old School.       -       201 Beaten Games And Counting