By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is an ICO 2 and Shadow of the Colossus 2 mixed game in development for PS3?

But if the game team ico are working happens to be the link between the two... man, I dunno. I might just have to wake up and change my trousers.

They're already linked pretty well. In fact, these games have pretty much the best prequel-sequel relationship I've ever seen. Both stand on their own brilliantly, but on deeper analysis you find that each contributes a lot to the story of the other. Unlike some games I could name...

I'm playing through it now, and it is an excellent title, though very dated. You can definitely tell it was originally supposed to be for the ps1.

What about it did you find dated? I just played it for the first time a couple months ago, and the only issue I had was the extremely low resolution. Even beneath that you could see it was a beautifully rendered world... it was kind of like watching a crappy internet video of a much better looking game. And that may have only been because I played it on a 46" LCD.

Around the Network
Borkachev said:

But if the game team ico are working happens to be the link between the two... man, I dunno. I might just have to wake up and change my trousers.

They're already linked pretty well. In fact, these games have pretty much the best prequel-sequel relationship I've ever seen. Both stand on their own brilliantly, but on deeper analysis you find that each contributes a lot to the story of the other. Unlike some games I could name...

I'm playing through it now, and it is an excellent title, though very dated. You can definitely tell it was originally supposed to be for the ps1.

What about it did you find dated? I just played it for the first time a couple months ago, and the only issue I had was the extremely low resolution. Even beneath that you could see it was a beautifully rendered world... it was kind of like watching a crappy internet video of a much better looking game. And that may have only been because I played it on a 46" LCD.

That, and the archaic menu system.  It's rather small stuff, but it's enough to make you notice.

The game has great animations, though (particularly for the time), and has excellent gameplay.  Like I said, it's a great game.  It just feels old.

@illegal:  That looks excellent for the ps1.  And the animations look just as good as they do in the ps2 version.  I love Team ICO's animations.  Only Naughty Dog does it better, and that's pretty debatable.

Yeah, direct sequels aren't what Ueda does, but whatever he does do, it's going to make me finally kill my bank account for a PS3.

These games leave leave so much open for interpretation that it's interesting to see what others come up with and to debate with others about how plausible certain theories are. Yet despite that, the overall story of each game is pretty fantastic and emotional.

@ Paladin

Wow, that's a pretty freaking good video for a PS1 game!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Cant wait to hear more

Owner Of: PS1 PS2 PS3 PSP NES GB GBA GC WII XBOX

Team Ico = greatness

I thought this was a new topic

Imagine my surprise to see that I had already replied

Maybe they'll do a spiritual prequel to SoTC. Now that would be pure awesome.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective