By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears of War 2 - Best Game of all times?

Devs should stop focusing on both graphics AND gameplay until they get their storylines up to speed.

Around the Network
DTG said:
Devs should stop focusing on both graphics AND gameplay until they get their storylines up to speed.

Actually, you're 100% correct.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Gears of War 2 the best game ever? I think that's very unlikely, of the games I owned for the 360 I liked even Kameo better than Gears of War. It's certainly down to personal preferences.

The game had no story, very testosteroned empty-headed acting, too many actions on one button, you feel caged in the linear environment and the game sported some IMO irritating sections like the tank gun part and the underwhelming end boss fight.

I have better expectations for Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 with regard to upcoming shooters.

Gears of War is a good looking game on the 360 (I think still the best looking one currently), but it has been surpasses by PS3 exclusived like Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction and Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. They also don't suffer from texture pop-ins as badly. Even Epic claims UT3's more open environments on the PS3 looks better and runs better, that's the same less PS3 centric engine.

Gears of War 2 I think will be the best / most impressive looking 360 game, hopefully it addresses the first game's main flaws (sadly there still seems to be the same unrealistic crouched running). I expect Resistance 2 with its massive boss battles and Killzone 2 with its supreme assets polish to go well beyond this. The last video looks cool, but again it seems you're restricted in environment movement, the big guys and sentinals look good, but probably will be midgets compared to Resistance 2's bosses.

Gears of War 2 probably supports good multi-player and IMO it needs it if there's no story and limited game length like the first game. Looks well polished and better than the first one, but best game of alltime I regard highly unlikely.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Luckily I saw no Boomers going around saying "Boom... Boom" like an oversized 5 year old.

The raged beserkers I liked best in the first game, too bad they are literally blind and you couldn't actually hurt it other than indirectly through satellite positioning.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

For Chrissakes. Why do people do this? DON'T FLIP OVER SHIT YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED

Around the Network
Rock_on_2008 said:

Gears of War 2 has not even been released yet. How could it be the Best Game of All Time? Gears of War 2 is just another shooter. Shooter genre is reaching market saturation. One in every two games released on PC/360 are shooters.

I love seeing all the people who like to hold on to this arguement.  Like Gamer4eva in another thread.  Listed the top 7 selling games for Xbox 360 and PS3.  His list had 6 FPS/TPS in the Xbox list, and 2 in the PS3 list.  Then I actually looked into it and posted the real top 7 for each system, BOTH of them had exactly 2 FPS games and 1 TPS games in their top 7.

Keep grasping for straws Rock    ;)

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

papflesje said:
I know that some of you like Mario type games, I know that some of you like racer type games, I know that some of you like FPS type games, etc....

But for the hardcore gamer like me

Oh, so only people who like GoW or shooters or whatever you like, are hardcore gamers? :)

Next, please.

Yeah, Dude, seriously, if you only care for shooters, you are no hardcore gamer.

EDIT:  OT - GoW2 will be far from the best game ever.  But I am certain I will love the game, and have a great time playing it.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Maybe not the best game ever, but I bet it will be the best of this gen so far. :)

There's no way we can really make an informed call about how good it is without actually playing it ourselves. In-game footage and previews are useful, but they can be misleading. As for shooters = hard core. By what definition? I've been gaming for more than 18 years buddy and I don't play many shooters... I must be a casual then.

It's shipping with over 10 new multiplayer maps plus 2 from the first gears game!

That's all i need to know.