By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox360 HD domination begins - 06/07/2008. $299 Pro is coming!

Skeeuk said:

why are microsoft dropping price when its already cheaper to buy than ps3?

Because being at the same price as the PS3 is not Microsoft's idea of a successful strategy for a console?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

it will definitely bring a shortterm boost, but the real question will be how much of an longterm effect it will have.

ssj12 said:
I;m sure Sony will answer with something, either by releasing the Greatest Hits collection or dropping the price even $20. Heck Sony could just go back and include a Blu-ray movie with the 40GB model.

I would shoot the man that wouldn't buy a PS3 until they included SpiderMan 3 in the deal.

I'd shoot him and drowned his kids.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

quaiky said:
it will definitely bring a shortterm boost, but the real question will be how much of an longterm effect it will have.

So far, the only price cuts which didn't have a long term effect were PS3/360's in Japan. The keyword is Japan. Therefore, I think this will very likely have a long term effect.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

TheRealMafoo said:
In the US, almost every gamer I know who does not have a PS3, wants one. They just are not willing to spend what it cost to buy one. When that is your market, price cuts make a huge difference.

The 360 is not in the same position. Most people who want one, have one. The ones that don't, don't because they are not interested in owning one. When that is your position in the market, price cuts are less effective.

That's why you saw a permanent increase in the PS3, and I think you will see less of one with the 360.

Ahh anecdotal evidence. Is there anything it can predict correctly? As a counter, the PS3 is a joke in my circle of friends. The thought of a price cut helping it is laughed at by the majority when the one PS3 fanboy ever speaks about it. While you comments on the markets are correct, we have no way of knowing what category any of the consoles fit into.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network
Gnizmo said:
TheRealMafoo said:
In the US, almost every gamer I know who does not have a PS3, wants one. They just are not willing to spend what it cost to buy one. When that is your market, price cuts make a huge difference.

The 360 is not in the same position. Most people who want one, have one. The ones that don't, don't because they are not interested in owning one. When that is your position in the market, price cuts are less effective.

That's why you saw a permanent increase in the PS3, and I think you will see less of one with the 360.

Ahh anecdotal evidence. Is there anything it can predict correctly? As a counter, the PS3 is a joke in my circle of friends. The thought of a price cut helping it is laughed at by the majority when the one PS3 fanboy ever speaks about it. While you comments on the markets are correct, we have no way of knowing what category any of the consoles fit into.

Same here. In my hood everyone wants to buy a $299 X360.

HD domination lol, man when are you HD console fanboys a going to realise.......Wii dominates while you two groups of fanboys fight for the scraps lol. Should boost 360 in NA enough to maybe beat the PS3 WW lol but even that might not be possible.

NJ5 said:
Skeeuk said:

why are microsoft dropping price when its already cheaper to buy than ps3?

Because being at the same price as the PS3 is not Microsoft's idea of a successful strategy for a console?

No, because there is more included with the PS3: larger HD, blu-ray player, free online gaming.

This will be a fun price-drop to see.

The 360 is already fairly well priced, and as gamers say, has the games to back up the 350 price tag.

The PS3 needs it more, as the games it has on it make 400 dollars a hard hurdle to pick it up. Also, for the whole blu-ray player wanters buying it, the price needs to be lower too.

DMeisterJ said:
This will be a fun price-drop to see.

The 360 is already fairly well priced, and as gamers say, has the games to back up the 350 price tag.

The PS3 needs it more, as the games it has on it make 400 dollars a hard hurdle to pick it up. Also, for the whole blu-ray player wanters buying it, the price needs to be lower too.

PS3 has  better exclusive games  than the 360. Recent PS3 multi-plat versions are better than the 360 versions(GTA IV, DMC 4 got better scores on gamerankings.com). The PS3 does not need a price drop at the moment, PS3 sales are going well. 360 is struggling at the moment, whereas PS3 and Wii are kicking butt.

PS3 has already won Japan and Europe. The only stronghold left for 360 is NA.