By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why is the 360 selling so poorly?

Price is still insanely restrictive, and MS has waited too long to lower the price, IMO, for the amount of brand name recognition that they have.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Red Ring of Death, that's my vote. I own one though, and I'm very happy with it. I think most people just under-estimate how good the console actually is, hardware issues aside.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Isn't it still selling more than last year at this time?

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

It has been out nearly 3 years....and the supposedly superior PS3 is now gaining popularity

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Ok what do you think will have a bigger effect a ps3 price drop or a X360 price drop.

Around the Network

Depends, in europe and japan the ps3 would obviously be helped more but I think the 360 would be helped more in NA by a pricecut. And to answer the question the sales of both the hardware and the software are just fine. All this doom and gloom is stupid.

When the price cut is here, the PS3 will really be F'ed unless sony cuts the price.

mM

Anyway all the consoles are selling beter now then what they did last year so theres not really any reason to announce the death or crap sales of any perticular console.

Anyway i think i need to put a new sentence in my sig

Mabe something like

the 360 isnt selling terribly! The success of the PSWii makes it look bad.

tombi123 said:
Microsoft have a bad name.
Appalling console reliability (RRoD)
Everyone is waiting for a PS3 price drop

PS3 price drop doesn't have anything to do with 360 sales. I suspect people are waiting for a 360 price drop... but you can also expect PS3 sales to increase once the price drops another $100

I am holding off on a 360 becuase it is too much money to be worth buying.

The Xbox360 isnt doing bad.

Its almost 3 years old and needs a price drop to simulate more momentum. I would like to see the PS3 when it nears 3 years without any more price drops.

I would say that if MS doesnt drop below 60% of PS3 sales, they will be in a good position this generation.

Predictions JAN 08

2008 PS3-19.5M(actual 19.5) XBOX360-23M(actual 27.5) Wii - 37M(actual 45.8M)

End of 2009 PS3-27 25M XBOX360-30 35M Wii - 48 63M (revised DEC 08)

Price Point
Mid 2008 Wii $250 Xbox360$249 Xbox360(HDD)$299 PS3 $399

Mid 2009 Wii $189 Xbox360$199 Xbox360(HDD)$249 PS3 $339

Mid 2010 Wii $ 149 Xbox360$159 Xbox360(HDD)$199 PS3 $289