By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NA sales up! X360 > Ps3

Smeags said:
Nintendo fans: Wii back on top!!1!

Sony fans: 80 gig!!1!

Microsoft fans: ...

Microsoft Fans: Microsoft is making profit = inevitable pricecut

Around the Network

So much for PS3 catching 360 in sales...

Anyone who doubts the demand for the 80 gig is kidding themselves. The Sony Playstation forums are filled with People looking for, Asking about, and even crying over the lack of 80gb systems. When they are in stock they will sell big and once again Sony will have very large sales in NA.

tombi123 said:
HappySqurriel said:

We will see what happens in a couple of weeks, but I suspect that the demand for the 80GB unit couldn't account for more than (about) 20,000 units which will diminish over time (as everyone who cares about Metal Gear Solid owns a PS3). Certainly, there will be a decent boost the next time they're available because of the build up of people waiting, but this boost will still not be that amazing.

You do know that the 70,000 80GB bundles sold out in one day don't you? The demand is way more than 20,000 units.

No, of course everyone who wants MGS4 has a PS3! And that's why the sales octupled in Japan and doubled in America. Now he may be saying that everyone who likes the game NOW has a PS3 (because of the bundles) but then again, the same could be said about the other systems. A lot of people believed that all Halo fans already owned a 360, or the same could be said about Brawl fans and the Wii.

tombi123 said:
HappySqurriel said:

We will see what happens in a couple of weeks, but I suspect that the demand for the 80GB unit couldn't account for more than (about) 20,000 units which will diminish over time (as everyone who cares about Metal Gear Solid owns a PS3). Certainly, there will be a decent boost the next time they're available because of the build up of people waiting, but this boost will still not be that amazing.

You do know that the 70,000 80GB bundles sold out in one day don't you? The demand is way more than 20,000 units.

How do you know? All that those numbers say is that a whole lot of MGS fans were waiting for MGS4's release to purchase a PS3, and that the 80gb bundle happened to be the most convenient way to do so. It's obvious that demand still exists, but whether it exists for one thousand or a hundred thousand units remains to be seen.

Edit: Beaten like a red-headed stepchild by HappySquirrel.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network
CaptainPrefrences said:
So much for PS3 catching 360 in sales...

It outsold the 360 again.. how is it not catching it in sales.

mM
Ail said:

The deciding factor for most people in purchasing the bundle isn't MGS4.

It's BC.......

I concur.  I have no desire to play MGS4 yet I want the BC 80gig SKU and the DS controller so i'll be trying to pick it up.

@leo

You implied it with the post I quoted above and if I cared enough to check your post history i'm sure I could find several examples of you explicity stating such statements. 

What else could you possibly mean by typing "Yea sure i'm going to wait for NPD" in response to a thread with NA sales where the discussion regarded what some considered low PS3 sales.

leo-j said:
Yea sure Im going to wait for NPD.

Because NPD has had nothing but great news for HD consoles lately and has been totally different from VGChartz where hardware is concerned.

NPD's gonna say the same thing bro, just wait. With all the times VGChartz has been proven right in the past, you should know that these usually fall within 10 percent.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

leo-j said:
Yea sure Im going to wait for NPD.

Why?

When April's numbers from NPD were MUCH lower about PS3 the fanboys complained that NPD was wrong.

Wii is on some serious Speed.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down