By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NA sales up! X360 > Ps3

yawn. weekly sales are meaningless

Around the Network
Garcian Smith said:
It looks like those of us who predicted the MGS4 boost would only last a week were correct. PS3 hardware is almost back down to its pre-MGS4 numbers already.

Well if they had shipped enough 80GB PS3 bundles, you would have been completely wrong.

Magnific0 said:
yawn. weekly sales are meaningless

If you think weekly sales are meaningless, then you're probably posting on the wrong site.

@ tombi123: The effect of the shortage of bundles on PS3 sales remains to be seen, and we won't see it until the next shipment comes. I'm just saying that a ton of people predicted that the hardware boost would last for a month or longer, when it clearly didn't, regardless of the reason.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Ok question about these 80GB PS3 comments.

Are you talking about the limited edition 80GB PS3 with extra controller and MGS4 for $500 or the regular 80GB PS3 for $500.

If it is the latter you guys are smoking something thinking it will cause a sales boost.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

tombi123 said:
This was expected. 80GB PS3 bundle sold out first week. Next shipment (July 5th?) there will be a boost.

there could also be a price drop for x360 in the same week if we are to take for true the latest rumors...interesting week

2008 year end sales (made in January 2008):

44.2 M 27.1 M 20.8 M

Around the Network

I wonder if we will arrive at a "Wii-like" situation, though on a smaller scale, with the 80gb PS3 as I keep reading that demand for it in US is huge and that it will sell whatever Sony can produce. We'll see on the week of July 5th i guess.

Still a pretty nasty drop in PS3 HW. Nintendo very impressive in a "nothing special" week. XBox chugs along (not too bad, not too good).

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.

Wii're back with a vengeance haha. This is what they should have done last week.

PS3 sales way low probably due to 80GB out of stock, and of course normal downfalls after a big game.

wow,

NA must really want the Bundle

Yea sure Im going to wait for NPD.

mM
NJ5 said:
Soriku said:

Btw, the Wii is gaining more marketshare! Currently at 45.9%.

Gotta love the folks who still think 50% won't happen, even though Nintendo didn't even increase production yet.

Yeah, in 2008, Wii has sold 8.9M, Ps3 4.8M and X360 3.6M, so Wii has had 55% market share so far.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS