By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - can the 360 sell a 100000 every week in the us with a 50 dollar pricecut?

MrBubbles said:
it should sell about 250k-300k every week after the cut.

no no no....if you're going to impersonate Crazzyman then you need to end the prediction with a smiley.  Here.

It should sell about 250k-300k every week after the cut. =)))

Around the Network

360 needs to appeal to a wider audience before sales can go that high.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Mmmm, I think it'll settle in around 65-80k/week

it will for a month or two

It will be like 80k first week and then drop back down to 60k.

Around the Network

ps3 can do it

Initially, it would but it would drop down again after a few weeks unless there are more really great games released for it.

I'd put the average at around 80-85k, an increase of 20-25k/week, and I think it has a shot at doing 120k for two or three weeks if this is heavily advertised and there's a bundle or two. Also, keep in mind that this $299 is for the Premium--they would never make the Premium only $20 more than the Arcade, so the Arcade must be getting a drop, too, probably to $229 or $199. Now THAT would boost sales.

Also, I predict that NA isn't the only place getting the cut.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

A $50 price cut will add about 5000-10,000 extra units weekly for 2-3 months. After that I say the sales will drop back to the levels they are at now.

Microsoft is smart by dropping the price. I thought they would wait for Gears 2 (November) and drop the price then. That would have moved units easy.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

No. I've been itching for a cut for a long time. I could afford the 360 at its current price, but didn't see the point. I was pretty sure I'd get a 360 this summer, but even I was sorry to see the price cut was another measely $50. I'll still get it, but won't be rushing to the store as I would have had it been $100. I don't see this lowering the overall price into the range of the average customer (unless you are talking about the gimped version).