By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Cross Edge (RPG)

I haven't really seen anybody talk about this on here. Here is a summary from Wikipedia

Cross Edge is an Q4 2008 RPG currently in development by Capcom, Nippon Ichi, Namco Bandai, Gust, and Idea Factory. The game features turn-based battles, a plot that involves rescuing souls, and the ability to dress the female characters of your party in a wide variety of outfits, from PE clothes to devil costumes. The game will feature characters from Darkstalkers, Disgaea, Ar Tonelico, Spectral Souls, Atelier Marie, and Mana-Khemia 2.

http://kotaku.com/assets/resources/2008/05/crossedge.jpg (Scan of Game)

http://kotaku.com/387992/capcom-nippon-ichi-namco-bandai-gust-and-idea-factory-team-for-rpg-fans-wet-dream

Thoughts? I hope it gets Localization

Around the Network

I doubt it will get a localization.

Good for PS3 owners in Japan however, who are probably crying out for RPG's at the moment.

Hasn't been mentioned because chances of localization are relatively low. It crosses a lot of properties which creates trouble in American localization and usually stops it from happening I'm afraid.

Yeah, I'll be shocked if this ever gets an NA release

I really need to get around to learning some Japanese

The only small bit of hope is Chaos Wars. Which is crossover RPG, much like Cross Edge, which was released in English June 3rd.

But besides that. You can only hope.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
The only small bit of hope is Chaos Wars. Which is crossover RPG, much like Cross Edge, which was released in English June 3rd.

what was Chaos Wars a crossover of?

Riachu said:
outlawauron said:

what was Chaos Wars a crossover of?

"Chaos Wars is a crossover between several companies' RPG series,, including Shadow Hearts, Growlanser, Blazing Souls, Gakuen Toshi Vara Noir, Spectral Force, Spectral Souls, Hametsu no Mars, Gungrave and Shinsengumi Gunraw Den."

However, that was an SRPG. It also took 21 Months to get localized (released Sept. 2006 in Japan and June 2008 in NA)

This is Japan-only like countless other PS3 games.

I would love for it to hit the states, but I am not counting on it.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

There is a good chance to be released somewhere in 2009. =)

currently in development by Capcom, Nippon Ichi, Namco Bandai, Gust, and Idea Factory.
i hope game will be really good. =) Though graphically it`s not very impressive... =))

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far