By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox price drop is only 50 bucks?

A $50 dollar drop is already a lot, considering the weaker dollar... This means the 360 is cheaper in USA than in Europe again.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Imagine the 360 at $299 with Halo 3 and another game. That would be a great value.

I hope, this will make Sony to drop PS3 by 100$.. =))
That would be awesome. )

Anyway, since ps3 was outselling x360 or selling on pair in NA, this move pretty logical for M$.
BUT that will make (proabably) Sony to make a pricecut, ps3 at 400$ is a GREAT value, at 350$ or 300$ it will be even GREATER. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

I would not expect another price drop this year. A bundle with 2 games for the holidays, like last Christmas, would be awesome.

imho the cut will be similar to europe so : 199E Arcade model, 269 Pro and 369 for Elite.

I predict +100% sales with 80$ price cut.

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
A $50 dollar drop is already a lot, considering the weaker dollar... This means the 360 is cheaper in USA than in Europe again.

I hear this thrown around a lot and it has never made much sense to me. After living in Europe for a little over a month now I can safely say that a euro goes about as far as a dollar does in their respective areas. Which is worth more internationally is only important to those traveling internationally. What I am trying to say is you would have to give up an equivalent amount of goods to get a 360 in both economies if the sticker price was the same number. It will make more money for Microsoft in the end if it is sold in euros rather than dollars, but it won't hurt the person buying it anymore.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Only fifty bucks?

Hrm. Guess Microsoft is being conservative.

CrazzyMan said:
I hope, this will make Sony to drop PS3 by 100$.. =))
That would be awesome. )

Anyway, since ps3 was outselling x360 or selling on pair in NA, this move pretty logical for M$.
BUT that will make (proabably) Sony to make a pricecut, ps3 at 400$ is a GREAT value, at 350$ or 300$ it will be even GREATER. =)

Unless you want sony to lose even more money I dont think they should yet..

They should wait till the end of the fiscal year for the $299 price.

mM

This is good, more gamers are going to get their hands on a great system. Hope the PS3 see's a price cut soon too. I would love to get my hands on one, especially for the Blu-Ray Player.

$299 is still too much for a secondary console for me. $199 or bust.